Help

Forum >> Help >> Need some advice from fellow members   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
cristiantoko

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Hello!
My player Bert Hughes, 22 Years old and currently being trained for 3B in minors (Not learnt yet!) is being suggested to be promoted to the Majors.
What should I do as far recommendations go?

http://brokenbat.org/player/110967

Thank you guys!
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
I wouldn't bring him up this week. Not many games left. Training update #10 is usually pretty modest.

If you have a place to play him next season (and don't mind a bunch of errors at 3B) then you can bring him up. I have trouble seeing how he would get much playing time. You have a bunch good young players already jostling for playing time.

There isn't anything wrong with leaving him in AAA another season. He will continue to add some SI (tho at a slower rate) and he'll learn some more of the ins and outs of 3B (tho he will still have pretty limited position knowledge).

All that said, if you make a decision like "Inoue is going to be my 2B" (I'm not suggesting or dismissing this idea .. just spit balling), then you might want to call this lad up. In a case like that you have probably tanked anyway. May as well add 35 errors at 3B to the 50 at 2B.

Good luck! You have a nice stable of young players there. Doing a good job. :)
amalric7

New York Lancers
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Isn't the "He may have learned all he can at this level of competition" line an indication that a player has nothing left to gain at that level? That's what I assumed, so I'd be calling him up and playing him.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Being in a pennant race, I would definitely not play him.

As Seca said, they can still gain SI even with that tag. I'd wait until the season is over to bring him up.
cristiantoko

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thank You for your time guys and the help!

Previous Page | Show All |