Help

Forum >> Help >> Pitching for SI Gains   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
mikkoredsox

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Should I continue using "The Burner" Turner as a starter to continue his growth? He gained 13 SI with 7 starts this past year. I guess I'm not totally sure if it's a good idea to use him too much. Will that have a negative effect on the maximum SI he could reach?

Updated Wednesday, September 21 2016 @ 3:25:39 pm PDT
AD24

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
For me it would depend on what your starting staff looks like, is he better than anyone starting? Are you contending in your league, or battling for relegation?

I needed a #5 starter about 1/3rd of the way into the season because my guy legit crapped the bed, so I threw in Sheng and he pitched extremely well. He ended up being my best starter and now is my #1 SP for the future.

It shouldn't have an effect on his max SI, he will reach it or not regardless of you starting him.

Updated Wednesday, September 21 2016 @ 4:01:16 pm PDT
JJNZ

Yakima Monster
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
I'd be starting him, he's going to be a big part of your future so the sooner you can get him to his peak the better - I've never noticed any adverse effects from starting guys, in fact probably the opposite.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
The more you play him, the faster he will develop. There is no downside to playing him from a development perspective. The only possible negative is if his performance hurts your team's record.
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
And given the amount of games he has played in AAA I take it he was recommended for the majors, in which case - as everyone else says - get him pitching!
mikkoredsox

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
He certainly was recommended. He actually did really well in his 7 starts with a 2.06 ERA. I'll definitely start him and get him to his potential sooner! Thank you guys, I just want to ensure I get the most out of him I can :)

Previous Page | Show All |