Help

Forum >> Help >> to start or sit this spring, that is the question   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
BTW, I've noticed the guys who fail to reach potential are usually the guys that I say "Really?", when they are recommended to the majors. I think I am going to stop following to the AI recommendations so strictly.

Have you had many that get recommendations miss?

I can't recall any of my recommended players ever missing by more than 1SI, which I attributed to rounding.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Well Byrd is off by 5 SI right now. At 28 he might still improve, but he hasn't moved a point over the last three seasons.

Nishimura was another guy recommended at 24 who never reached is potential. I've had a couple other guys like that, but they usually get cut and I don't remember their names...

Updated Tuesday, September 27 2016 @ 5:27:35 pm PDT
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
IV.7

Broken Bat Baseball
I can't point you to the thread but I recall Steve saying the promotion guidelines are there for newer players and as a player gets a better handle on things they may go with their own discretion.
That said, I follow recommendations for the most part.
I guess if you see a guy promoting slowly, say more than 2 seasons at a level, it would be a situation where I might try moving them up a level earlier, so they get AAA experience prior to/by age 25.
For the most part I really don't want 25-26 year old minor leaguers. If they can't contribute by 26, I would prefer to cut my losses. Although I understand why owners would do that. I think it also can depend on where you sit. I would be more likely to try that in lower leagues.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
It also depends on your luck in the draft and waivers, and what your manager's player development rating is. I'm doing all these experiments in LL II, because I had a severe shortage of top end talent getting ready for the majors on time. It's all well and good about wanting 10 seasons out of a guy, but sometimes you have to take what you can get depending on the situation.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Well Byrd is off by 5 SI right now. At 28 he might still improve, but he hasn't moved a point over the last three seasons.

Interesting.
Daniel2

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
@Rock I remember releasing a guy named Gary Byrd
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Would be a different guy. This Byrd was drafted by me.
Spoonerific

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
*can't resist*
So he didn't give you the Byrd?
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I thought spoonfuls of honey were supposed to be sweet :p
newtman

Inactive