Help

Forum >> Help >> Drafting Question   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
And get a new manager, one with a scouting report. There was a whole bunch of new ones made available in this season's update.
LGM2016

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks all. As for the new manager, what should I be looking for? What to prioritize the most?
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Check out this thread. Most recent data is at the bottom. Unfortunately these boards don't let you edit old posts.

As far as which to prioritize, that depends on your philosophy. If you are planning to train up a bunch of young guys, you might want to get a guy who is Excellent at developing players.
nemesis

Brooklyn Dodgers
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
This guy is a good place to start. Bit old but should last a few seasons at least.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah, that guy is good. I'd pick him up right away. Then you can continue looking to see if you find someone else you prefer. It doesn't cost anything to replace your manager.
LGM2016

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Done. Thanks again! I mostly brought it up because I saw http://brokenbat.org/manager/1851 and I considered him, although I was concerned as to the impact of his atrocious development rating.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I would never touch a "poor teacher of the game" unless you were planning on trying to play with nothing but fully developed players. By that I mean unless you are willing to roll with whatever veterans you can pull from waivers and free agency each season, because he would likely stunt the growth of any young players you might get.
LGM2016

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Well, I know it isn't quite on the topic of this thread but I was wondering what you would expect from this guy. http://brokenbat.org/player/139131 I drafted him recently in round one of the draft, and I think he could be a solid player. These are my expectations:

110 Skill Index

How accurate am I? If I'm not, what do you expect? Thanks again to everyone for all the help.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Speed, range and arm don't develop, they stay the same with the exception of adjustments made due to inaccuracies in the original scouting. Hitting won't go above 13, because he doesn't have a positive hitting message. Likely going to top out around 105 or 106 and have a few more points in BC, PD, and fielding to make up the differences in your analysis.

See the second post in this thread for how to read scouting reports.

Updated Wednesday, September 28 2016 @ 6:19:19 pm PDT
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah, that guy has a ceiling of 13 for Hitting.

Previous Page | Show All |