Help

Forum >> Help >> Need help   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Mcdoogle

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I currently have 4 major league ready players that are vying for 2 spots (1B/DH) and i need some help choosing cuz im unsure

Cardona is my current 1B and my best basestealer, doesn't hit for a great average and his SB% isnt amazing but hes the best i currently got for SBing

Grove is my currently DH, first very good player I drafted so I have a bit of fondness for him, but when it comes down to it his AVG sucks and still am waiting for him to actually hit HRs like hes suppose to

Medina is a guy I drafted many seasons ago, recently popped and would be a perfect 1B, love his hitting skills but he has no speed (not a big deal IMO).

Workman just popped today and he's a 14 POT so I would like to get him playing time, except for the fact that I have the 1st 2 starting. I also could put him in OF but then I would have to choose between Carter(unlikely), Naranjo(unlikely) and Hastings(possible) to replace him with.

I'm a bit stuck, I would appreciate some opinions. Thanks.

Updated Friday, October 7 2016 @ 11:56:05 am PDT

Updated Friday, October 7 2016 @ 11:57:43 am PDT
brentswagger

Lakeville Bears
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
My roster is getting full so I'm going to have to start making choices. Is this guy trash?

http://brokenbat.org/player/114114

I read his scouting report and look at his talent and I think wow. The only thing he has really shown is stolen base skills. 999 career at bats and hitting below .200. Do these guys turn it around or are they trash piles?
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
@brentswagger - those guys are trash piles, sadly. Great report but at 28 he's likely finished making any great improvements, especially as he gained nothing last year. A lot of Asian/Latin/International players never come close to their caps, or do so at such a slow rate that you only get 1-2 seasons out of them before they start declining. Might be a useful role player but really I'd cut him and look for someone younger, with upside.
GrizzlyDan

Atlanta Braves
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Development graph is flattened out some time ago. Scrap.
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
@McDoogle - The only guys there I'd consider fit for the OF are Carter and possibly Grove. The rest are all 1B/DH types, just not enough range to be of value defensively in the OF. Hastings, Medina and Workman absolutely deserve their spots and even a declining Naranjo isn't going anywhere, so that narrows it down to Grove and Cardona.

But you have five free roster spots anyway, so I wouldn't go cutting anyone, seriously. If you have the finances just carry 49 players, always leaving a spot open for a FA/waiver signing and/or a draft pick.

Oh, and if you want to hang on to Park why not try him at C? Previous experience isn't really necessary at C in this game and his 19 arm would be much better there than Martinez with his awful CS% (a 14 arm is too weak, need 16+). I'd also consider replacing Vargas, would want better defense and/or range at 3B. Stephens would have made an excellent 2B, poor arm for 3B.

And hey, I'm 4-6 too, take what you think is of value! :)

Updated Friday, October 7 2016 @ 4:29:06 pm PDT
Mcdoogle

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
@amalric

Thank you for the post.

I'm not cutting anyone, I'm just trying to decide on who to play. :) I know most of my guys are weak in Range, that's one stat I neglected when I originally drafted my players. I'll just have to make due with what I have right now, brought in the fences for the corners this past offseason because of it too.

Previous Page | Show All |