Help

Forum >> Help >> Free Agents. How's that work?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
MickyMinn

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I've put in tons of bids on waiver wire for FA's and haven't had any success. What has to be done to get a player on waiver?
zakis

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
This same thing's happened to me many times. Sometimes (in the case of Greg McCarty a few days ago), it's really frustrating to miss out on a player you really want. However, after placing a waiver claim for a player, you can click Transactions on the left navigation bar. On the top of that page, you can track all of the waiver claims that you made. Here, you'll see how many total claims are in on the player. Remember, the more claims on a player by other teams, the less likely you are to end up with that player. This isn't computer AI; you're competing against other people to grab players. Chances are, if you see a player available in waivers that looks really good, other people will also think that player can help their team out; very good players are less likely to land with your team via waivers than mediocre players are.

Hope this helps!

P.S.: Go Pilgrims! ;)

Updated Wednesday, October 19 2016 @ 1:22:05 pm PDT
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
There's no magic formula - just keep putting claims in and cross your fingers. You'll get some eventually, but you have just the same chance as everyone else.
MickyMinn

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks. Have to hope I do a good job in draft, lol.
Spoonerific

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
There is a reason why Hope was at the bottom of Pandora's Box... it may be the greatest of all horrors.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I'd start with FAs before relying on waivers. You should be able to sign a bunch of FA upgrades. Then upgrade those guys with waivers and draft picks.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah, any new owner should be able to find upgrades among the free agents you can sign right away. Waivers and draft are both RNG luck, so so you want to start with the sure things (free agents) and then move on to waivers and draft from there remembering that there are no guarantees.
MickyMinn

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Really appreciate the good feedback. The one problem I see with FA's is that my budget is already in the toilet and the better FA's have pretty high salaries. I've cut the players that I think will never be able to contribute, but it looks like i have to see a few weeks of league to see if I'm generating any profits. But again, I appreciate learning more about FA's and how to handle it.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Look for 25 ad 26 year old guys who aren't quite there yet, but could grow into good players in a year or two. Those guys should be cheap.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
You really don't need a full 17 position players on the major league roster. There are also several very easy cuts to make if you are struggling with making a profit. Admittedly the easiest ones I see are minimum salary cuts, but you will have a difficult time getting everyone in the game with a full major league roster. You should concentrate on finding prospects if you can. There are still some decent ones available if you look carefully.

Previous Page | Show All |