Help

Forum >> Help >> Training choices   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Buster

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Sorry if this one is a bit obvious but am a definite newbie.

Do I get to choose who gets trained and if so how? In other words can I select the players to train?

If I don't get to select them how does it work and can I influence it?
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Nope. The whole team trains. You can decide on a focus if you like, but it effects the whole team. In generally I would recommend leaving it at no focus unless you see a particular area your guys are behind in development in.
Spoonerific

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball

Do I get to choose who gets trained and if so how? In other words can I select the players to train?

No, you only can select which areas you want to get extra training (i.e. Defense or Power Hitting). This extra is rather small from all accounts, I personally have never tracked its effects though.

If I don't get to select them how does it work and can I influence it?

Training is given to any player on your roster an the chance of them gaining skills is based loosely on their playing time. Sometimes a player that has doesnt get PT for me gets a bumb here and there but that may not be due to actually training and due to correction of scouting reports. This happens automatically in the minors, although player's potential comment in the scouting report (i.e. very good potential) may influence how often they gain skills. I have seen a slight correlation between the two. You can't really control pops in the minors for the most part though.

The best way to influence training in the Majors is to give players 27 and under lots of playing time.
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
All players get trained. You can choose areas of emphasis if you'd like. That applies to all players as well. If you do that, the others get an even smaller de-emphasis.

Edit--I forgot to hit post. I was a bit late. ;)

Updated Friday, October 21 2016 @ 3:02:30 pm PDT
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball

Training is given to any player on your roster an the chance of them gaining skills is based loosely on their playing time.

Actually I don't think that is quite right. All players gain experience based on how much playing time they had (still up for debate if its linear or not). Every skill goes up a certain amount based on the experience gained. If a skill goes up by enough to cause it to round to a higher number, it will show up as an increase with a green arrow. Actually skill values are more than just two digits.
Buster

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks guys that helps me understand what is going on much better.

It appears that the main way that I can help myself is to basically give 27's and under plenty of playing time in the majors and they should get trained.

Is it a case of the younger they are the more they get trained?

Oh and is it also a case that the worse they are at a skill I request to be trained (e.g Stamina or Power) then the more chance there is that they might improve in it?

Updated Saturday, October 22 2016 @ 5:54:13 am PDT
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Neither. The game gives everyone in the minors and who gets playing time in the majors some training at all the skills that they have room left to grow in, with a very small bonus in the selected focus categories, however if you select no focus the bonus is applied to all stats evenly. They do gain skills fastest in their first few major league ABs or IPs, but younger doesn't necessarily mean faster up to about age 28 or 29. Also, just because they gain fastest in the majors while playing doesn't mean you should bring up guys who aren't ready, because they can only gain a variable percentage of their total potential SI in the majors (because there is so much variation between players no one has nailed down the exact percentages).
Spoonerific

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I must add in that guys 27 and under that were suggested to be in the majors (or in AAA in a few instances) would be the most optimal. As stated, players in the minors at their reported level will train just as much and will suffer less at the end of their trainable lifetime. Basically, don't bring young guys up before they are ready.

Previous Page | Show All |