Help

Forum >> Help >> What's Wrong With My Pitching   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Pig_Cola

Glendale Marshals
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
This year has been a disaster, especially with my pitching. Even though my staff has a 3.96 ERA, my pitchers aren't doing good at all, especially my starters. What should I do with them? They all have a 75 pitch count and a hook of five runs.
Yuri84

Apple Valley Raccoons
IV.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Dunno, when in doubt, I personally set everything to default settings and see how it goes. I know, not the kind of advice you've probably been hoping for, but that's what I do. :)
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Overall your staff is doing fine. Even the starters are doing ok, just not brilliant like much of the rest of the league. All these sub 3.00 ERAs are ridiculous.

Peralta is pitching fine. RS is a bit low, but that isn't his fault. His ERA looks a bit high this year. Probably will get better with more innings.

Saenez is pitching great.

Valdivia gives up a lot of HRs, his GB/FB isn't great and it shows up in HRs. That's his biggest issue. He has also been a bit unlucky so far this season, his ERA should come back down.

Morales also gives up a few too many HRs, and has had a poor start. Should get better.

Did you change ballpark dimensions at all this year, it could also just be different competition?

I think its a mistake to have all these guys at 75. That's why you have no quality starts. Give them more innings (except maybe Morales). Most should improve.

The biggest issue your pitchers face is poor RS. They can't get wins without run support.
JJNZ

Yakima Monster
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
I had a bad year last year with 5 hook and 75 pitches. I've now gone back to the usual formula for stamina and 7 hook for most of my pitchers and having much more success. As was pointed out to me, the starters are usually your strongest, let them try to right the ship!
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah that's a good point, a 5 hook is pretty low. I'm using a 7 for my starters and it works pretty well. With a five hook, those guys are being pulled as soon as they give up three runs. One HR with a couple guys on, and they are getting the hook.

A 5 is ok for a horrible guy that you don't have any trust in, but for your other guys, its just going to inflate their ERA, because they don't get to pitch their "good" innings in those games where they are getting pulled early.

Updated Wednesday, October 26 2016 @ 6:10:34 am PDT
Pig_Cola

Glendale Marshals
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
@Rock, I did change the ballpark dimensions and it could also be because of the better competition.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
So probably a bunch of small things adding up to a big effect. For this year, I would really suggest letting those guys go for longer and letting up a bit on the hook (7 is good), that will probably actually improve their performances a little bit.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Not disagreeing with anything said here, but the biggest problem with your pitching currently is 2B Thomason. 10 range hurts a lot there.
Pig_Cola

Glendale Marshals
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
@Seca, I'm going to look for a 2B with better range, but he's just temporary for now.

Previous Page | Show All |