Help

Forum >> Help >> Batter management   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
John Foster

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Hello,
I'm not a new player anymore but usually i'm more a silent user of the forum.
This time, I have quite a problem with my line-up. I've one of the worst run per game ratio of my league and I don't think that this represent the true abilities of my team.
I've changed my ballpark this season and my pitchers improved massively so that may be a key factor to explain the poor performance of my batters. What could I do in the management part if I want to improve my OBP?
amalric7

New York Lancers
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
I don't really know. :)

But you're top of the division, how bad can it be? Your changes have obviously helped your pitching and that's worked to your advantage, but your hitters are pretty good - still time for them to come around. My team has started cold for three straight seasons but turned it around in the second half (fingers crossed for this year), sometimes slumps can last a long time: bear it out, is my advice. Someone else might have more detailed lineup considerations.
lostraven

Corvallis Ravens
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
1. Lineup vs. R: Get Postorino out of the #1 spot, stat. Cain is blowing goats vs. L but is holding his own vs. R. Get that high OBP + SB at the top of the lineup. Normally I like to keep an OBP guy in the #9 spot, but Jordan might not be right for ninth. If it were my lineup, I'd probably do Cain, Jordan, Harris, Sosa, Leonard, and then some assortment of the rest.

2. Lineup vs. L: Your players vs. L is a bit weak. Not many options. Again, I'd focus on getting OBP up top. Wagner doesn't cut it there. Move Landry up to the top, followed maybe by Sosa and then protection behind him in Krueger and Leonard, then Mendoza and the rest? Maybe you can pick up a bench bat that is good vs. L to help augment your lineup.
John Foster

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Actually I was more in search of a way to improve my OBP but thanks for the advices on my lineup, I will probably make some changes for the next games.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
There isn't a ballpark modification or management setting to improve OBP. It's mostly a product of the players you have & play. Better Plate Discipline --> Improved OBP.

Steve

Previous Page | Show All |