Forum >> Help >> Help me evaluate a player?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
jetsrock48

Davenport Cobras
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
What do you guys think about:

http://brokenbat.org/player/98630

I loved his potential when he initially came up as an offensive guru but if you check out his stats, that hasn't happened. He has no power, doesn't steal, and up until now really hasn't hit. The only thing he has going for him is his high walk rate. I've been playing him at 3B this year b/c I needed someone at the position but yesterday I got the message that another 3B prospect is ready to be promoted.

http://brokenbat.org/player/116320

I love his speed and good defense compared to Fajardo. I'd bat him #9 in the lineup (where I have Fajardo now) so I need to make a decision if I'm essentially moving on from Fajardo. I'd still keep him on the roster but he'd be a glorified backup player.

Updated Saturday, November 5 2016 @ 6:54:30 am PDT
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Arias is definitely the better player defensively (especially since Fajardo just lost some arm strength).

Fajardo will have better BC and PD than Arias, so his OBP will probably always be superior. Fajardo is obviously the better hitter right now, but Arias could become pretty good once he develops. It hard to predict for sure who will be the better hitter long term. Probably Fajardo, but not necessarily.

I'd rate Fajardo's advantage in OBP as a slight advantage over Arias for the #9 slot. But Arias' speed will still be a benefit at #9.

Really I think the defensive delta would convince me to put Arias at 3B. Fajardo isn't really optimal there. Fajardo makes a solid backup, and a great pinch hitter (if not DHing). He is well developed for his age, so getting fewer innings shouldn't kill his long term prospects (I'd still play him in the spring though).

MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
If you want more offense, I think Fajardo will be a bit more productive. If you want better defense, you could make a change. I think I'd continue to play Fajardo most of the time to see if he might improve, while working in the youngster here and there. My guess is one of them will force your hand by 2031, showing you the better choice. If not, well, you probably have six of one and a half dozen with the other.

Previous Page | Show All |