Help

Forum >> Help >> Roster Advice   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
LGM2016

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Right now, I'm in a very close three-team competition for first place in the division. If I want to move up, I'm gonna need to strengthen my team as much as possible, and I'm wondering how to go about that. I don't think the problem is my hitting - I have placed top three in the division for basically every category, and my team leads the whole league in 2B, HR, RBI, SLG, and OPS. So I'm assuming the issue is with my pitching. The problem is, I don't know how to fix it. As a whole, my pitching has been dreadful and only three of my initial starters are still in the rotation. Brambilla is the sole reason I'm even in a position to move up, and beyond him there is Mancini, De Lucia, and not much else. I've thought about grabbing a few guys from the waiver wire, but nobody is really worth it. Is there anything I can do? Should I try and find somebody on the waiver wire, or just pray that my team can snag 1st? All advice is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
jetsrock48

Davenport Cobras
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
A couple things I see - mainly your starting rotation. I don't think Norm Brady or Bradford should be in there, personally. Both have low stamina I think they are better suited as middle relievers or Long Relievers. I like Ritter more as a starter - I see you have him as a spot starter and his ERA is high so far, but his FIP is good meaning he's just been unlucky. I'd start him full time. Ramsey is another guy I like for your rotation.

Your pitchers have decent - good skills so what are their pitch counts? I'd keep them fairly low (90-110) and trust your bullpen as they seem pretty good.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Scary messing with things when you are only 1 game back. :)

Merrill's defense at SS is hurting alot. He has a nice bat; appreciate you want to keep it in the lineup. But a proper defensive SS would help your pitchers quite a bit. (Lauzerique isn't much better).
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I know you asked about pitching but as far as hitters go: I'd also cut Rhodes, who isn't a C with that arm and doesn't have much of a bat, and replace him with Welch (in your minors), who may be old but is much better at both (on paper). Villanueva doesn't have the fielding for 2B (hence the errors) but would be a good OF, and Edwards belongs in the OF too with that range - range is the most important trait defensively for OF, plus arm. I'd cut Lauzerique and find a solid defensive SS as @Seca mentioned, and cut Ponce and Harvey too.

Your minors need some work too. I'd cut Dye, De Rosa needs to be playing in the bigs but he's a C/1B/DH type. Without checking them each individually I'd cut all those 10 & 11 POTs too, those guys are worthless for the most part.

But yeah, some changes in your pitching roles and a better defensive middle infield and you may find better results.
LGM2016

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks all for the advice. I cut Rhodes, and signed Curley to at least provide defensive support. I'm gonna keep Harvey since he has good defense, and I'm working on my minors now. Thanks again.

Previous Page | Show All |