Help

Forum >> Help >> lost on what to do with Snyder   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
HoHoTDoG

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Snyder hasnt gained 1 SI in 2 seasons since he hit 119 SI, is he done maxing? he also seems to have bad luck considering his career FIP is 5.00 in leagues 4 and 5. sigh. what should I do with him?

Updated Friday, November 18 2016 @ 4:28:55 pm PST
BrianV

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Interesting, he has the 'Not Much Room for Improvement' at age 27...

Ok, so you drafted him in 2024. Nice!

Looks like he started in 2024 in AA, and was recommended to AAA in mid-2024. After only 180 innings at the end of 2024 and beginning of 2025, it looks like he was promoted to the bigs halfway through the 2025 season and never looked back.

Was he recommended to the majors when you promoted him there? Is it possible he missed some development in AAA?

If not, it's possible that he's actually hit his cap. 120 is the technical 'minimum' for a 15-pot, but it's not unheard of for a player to max out 1 point or so under, presumably due to rounding errors.
amalric7

New York Lancers
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Looks like one of those instances where the recommendation to promote to the majors was perhaps a little too early. Snyder looks like he could have used another 20 games or so in AAA, but that isn't your fault. It may well be he's capped out, but sometimes guys do gain 1 or 2 SI after a couple of seasons of nothing. His fastball should have topped out at 14 so that's a plus but there's not much to cheer. I'd keep him in the majors and play him because the minor league season has ended, so there's no point in having him down in AA now. Give him some innings in spring training next season and if that doesn't change anything I'd try him for a week in AAA.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Nah, he has plenty of minor league training. Some guys just stall out for a couple years when they are near their max. He probably only has one or two more points he can gain.

Bass was like that for instance.

I'm still waiting for Byrd to pop...

[insert tasteless joke about bird poop]

Updated Saturday, November 19 2016 @ 7:59:03 am PST
HoHoTDoG

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
thank you for the answers, i forgot the minors are over with for now so ill put him back in the majors
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Minor league players go throughout the entire season here. You don't have to put them in the majors to get their training.

Previous Page | Show All |