Help

Forum >> Help >> Minor league players   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
sheish

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Despite getting promoted I feel that with my best offensive system players on the back end of their careers, my minor league system should be reviewed. This is my 2nd full offseason and I don't know yeh the ins and outs of the minors. Any help on player positions and cutting players are much appreciated.
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Just looking over your minors you seem to have most things figured out, like Waggoner playing 3B - he has the fielding and arm for SS and certainly for 2B, but his range is kinda below average for those positions though it would be absolutely fine at the hot corner.

You do have a lot of similar hitters in your minors, and some of them just don't look that great as far as their future development or likelihood to make their potential. I signed Rosa and then dumped him immediately in spring 2028 but he doesn't have upside beyond a defensive OFer, and he doesn't steal bases so his speed is wasted.

It'll take some major growth for Duran to turn out but he has a chance, though it'll likely take at least five seasons. Pena, Abreu and Gallegos are all slow-developing Latin Americans who may never fulfil their potential or reach their caps, and might start declining as soon as they do - I'd be looking for replacements. Svoboda again is a slow developer...same for Echevarria...same for Madrigal, Dickinson (another former player of mine)...there's a reason all these guys were free agents, and some have been on a bunch of teams already. If you have nothing else you have to take a chance on guys like these, but the new season is a good time for guys with more upside, or who are ready to play now.

On the majors side your pitching needs a serious makeover - I'm actually almost amazed how well your team pitched this season with such poor quality arms, even for LLVI (outside of Moran) - I'd be moving on from those 11 POTs ASAP. But hey, you won 90 games and won your league, so you obviously got some idea what you're doing. :)

Previous Page | Show All |