Help

Forum >> Help >> Manager Advice   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Slug5373

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Hello all, I think I found myself a good manager. Hitting, defense, and development are all top notch; however, pitching is a different story. Of course, I'm sure no one knows for sure, but how much effect do you think it will have on my pitcher's performance? Should I look for a new manager who understands the function of a pitcher on a baseball field (Maybe with more average stats like 11s or 12s across the board), or should I stick with him. I'm inclined to stick with Richards since we've won two division titles in a row and one league championship, but I'm just curious about what y'all think.
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I don't concern myself too much with one in-game category. I look at pitching, defense and offense combined for managers. Your guy has a total of 35 for those three, plus a nice 15 for development. If you want your focus to be on development, I wouldn't have any problem keeping him. If you're more interested in winning now, I would look for someone else.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I'd say it depends on how you feel about your pitching vs your hitting in general. He is going to give a boost to your defense, which will help, and his hitting boost is greater than his pitching penalty. I don't see any issues with him unless you feel your hitters don't need help and your pitchers need every bit of help you can get them. Managers aren't supposed to have a huge in game impact.

Previous Page | Show All |