Help

Forum >> Help >> Unaplayable, Difficult to Release   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Andreimun

York Frogs
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Any suggestions about this guy?http://brokenbat.org/player/120378

It kind of bothers me to release a young pitcher with potential over 100 and salary of 0.5M, but is this guy really playable?

The lack of movement is pretty much a killer in my opinion...

Updated Wednesday, December 14 2016 @ 2:12:33 pm PST
Endrju

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Terrible build to be honest, he's got all SI points in least needed skills. He's really an 11 potential when you look at his pitching abilities (33 total, that's abysmal). 17 control doesn't really help much, and high stamina also doesn't count if he can't throw a good pitch.

He could be still useful at LL VI to eat some innings, so if you have nobody else, play him. But if you move up, he should be near top of list to cut.
brentswagger

Lakeville Bears
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
The real issue is half his skills are tied up in fielding, range and arm and he is probably about capped out in skills. I suspect he is what his stat line suggests. If you average ERA and FIP he is about 5. Fairly high BAA and equal right vs. left. He is a serviceable end of your pitching roster kind of guy but I don't see a lot of upside.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
It's not a lack of movement, it is a lack of a good pitch period. I won't touch a guy who doesn't have 15+ in EITHER velocity, CoS, OR movement. That guy with 13s in velocity and CoS and 7 in movement just stinks. Easy, easy cut in my opinion.
Andreimun

York Frogs
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks a lot, guys. I am cutting him, I have some other pitchers who can eat innings and still have room to grow, though not many.

Previous Page | Show All |