Help

Forum >> Help >> What should I do with this guy?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
ephenssta

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
http://brokenbat.org/player/125974

Picked him up on waivers. Because of his age (I think), the game is automatically recommending him to be placed in the majors. Should I go ahead and promote him and just work him in where possible, or is he going to be better served in AAA for a bit longer?
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
He really needs a lot more time in the minors. I would put him in AA this year, and then put him in AAA next year, then bring him up as a 27 year old. Other advice may differ, but that is how I would handle him.
ephenssta

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I did find it odd that he didn't see a single game at AA...isn't the general rule that a player should play roughly the same amount of games at each level?
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Completely agree with Rock, I had a claim on him and that was my plan for him. He would have been my second Swiss 15 potential player.

Edit: To answer your next question, yes, ideally he would get roughly similar time at each level I think. In this case that wouldn't really be an option though. I might extend his minor league time to the all star break of age 27 as I am doing with the aforementioned Schubert, but past that he likely wouldn't have enough major league time to ever cap.

Updated Thursday, December 15 2016 @ 4:16:49 pm PST
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah, realistically he should probably be in AA for two years and then in AAA for 1.5 years. But that is going to make him really old, and then he wouldn't be gaining any Experience. The general belief is that players gain Training in the minors, and then Experience (and a small amount of Training) in the majors. If you leave him in the minors too long, he won't get the Experience he needs to grow his abilities. No matter how you handle him, its doubtful he will reach his full potential. However, given his full potential is ridiculously high, even getting close to his potential will make him a very good player. Regardless of how you handle him, I would make sure he plays every inning of every spring training game.

Updated Thursday, December 15 2016 @ 5:59:51 pm PST
ephenssta

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah, I don't expect him to reach the cap for a pot. 15, but even if he gets close to the 13 or 14 cap he'll at the very least be workable.

I'll plan on giving him this year at AA and 1-2 years at AAA. And as many ABs in spring training as I can get for him.

Previous Page | Show All |