Help

Forum >> Help >> How long are new owners restricted for?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Empire48

Lakeland Vikings
V.3

Broken Bat Baseball
I've had my team since Dec. 11 and while we haven't played as well as I may have wanted to, my issue is being restricted to release players. I put in a lot of waiver claims and signed a bunch of guys to the point where I am currently at 49/50 players (most being 32 and younger). I'm favoring the younger guys over the 30+ ones but because I got so many people on waivers, I now can't release some of my guys. An example is this guy http://brokenbat.org/player/86613

He's not very good and no longer has a place on my team but the site considers him "good" because of his SI and I can't release him. I have about 5 players sitting in my minors waiting to be released. How much longer until I'm no longer restricted?
AssumedPseudonym

Deerfield Beach Rats
V.7

Broken Bat Baseball
 I’m pretty sure it’s twenty-eight days. I was in the same boat not that long ago; I feel ya, believe me.
FurySK

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
considers him good only because of his defensive capabilities, which aren't actually valid because he's a lefty and gets penalized at 3B in fielding.

Think we could probably see some tinkering in this rule, which was created to stop current owners from creating new teams and roster dumping. I think that those owners won't wait 28 days, nor will they wait 15 days, it was more convienent to do it when it was more immediate. Furthermore, the CPU control still cuts the best talent.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Actually the rule is also partly in place to prevent new players from accidently dumping too many of their really good players. New owners almost always cut players that they shouldn't. The rule is partly intended to help prevent that to a certain extent, so they can't destroy their team before they figure out how to play the game.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
the CPU control still cuts the best talent

This was tweaked a while back (around the same time as the restrictions?) and I think it has been pretty successful. CPU is far more likely to cut the old expensive players first. Generally needs to be some financial pressure before young good players are let go.

RDailey1948

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm wanting to clean house too.
Many players are platoon type and the cpu seems to be kicking my butt with pitcher changes (not a bad idea).
I want to send off some of my higher cost platoon players and move to more versatile options.
So is it 28 days (2016/2017 or 2030)?
Have you been freed yet?
quanin

Cleveland Thunder
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
It's 28 RL days. You've got a ways to go.
RDailey1948

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks

Previous Page | Show All |