Help

Forum >> Help >> I have a problem(I think   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
BartC

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
so I just got a team and, from reading some of these forums,I'm a bit worry since most of my team are apparently not at major league level...what should I do?

Updated Monday, January 16 2017 @ 4:55:56 pm PST
g10rsh

Champaign Suzumebachi
VI.2

Broken Bat Baseball
You have a division 6 team so don't worry too much about the level. first thing you will want to do is figure out who your starting 9 are going to be. I'll list the positions out in order of importance along with main skills followed by (nice to have skills in parenthesis)

SS Highest combined FLD RNG ARM
2B FLD RNG
3B FLD ARM (RNG)
CF RNG ARM
C ARM
RF ARM RNG
LF Batting (RNG)
1B Batting (FLD)
DH Batting

For pitchers at your level you'll want to keep people with multiple 14+ in non stamina pitching skills. the more and higher they have of those the better they are.

You are in league VI, So I'd prioritize developing talent over winning now. look for young 12+ potential players on waivers and draft every week. Give young developing players a chance.

Quick SI and potential explanation. to find out how much SI a character can have in the future: min =POT*8 max = POT*9-1
BartC

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
hi thanks for the help! It helps a lot! However, what I meant was that a lot of the players on my major league roster are "overmatched" at the major league level and the game is recommending me to move them down to AAA or AA or A, what do I do?
FurySK

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Grab one random hitter from FA that costs 0.50, don't mind the skills too much.

Send Bruzzone and Norris down using the minors tab (reassign is at the bottom) and promote that veteran up.

Do the same on the pitching side. the minimum roster is 10. I would go ahead and preserve everyone possible, they'll gain small amounts of SI in the minors and be closer to their potential cap in the end.

g10rsh

Champaign Suzumebachi
VI.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Haha sorry I missed the point on that one. Yea, pick up some old/cheap loaners and send down the not yet ready ones.

Updated Tuesday, January 17 2017 @ 3:08:24 am PST
BartC

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
haha thanks you guys for the help!
occham

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
You actually have a decent young team to build from. When I started I picked up a veteran team falling down the rankings, not climbing up!

Good luck!
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Indeed, good luck! Nice to have some roster space and a few promising minor league players to look forward to.

Once you have the big league roster hashed out, I would encourage you to go through your minor league assets using g10rsh's cheat notes and decide where each of those pieces best fits in the long term scheme. Corbett, for example, probably isn't going to make a stellar middle infielder with his atrocious fielding, but could be a nice asset in another position.
BartC

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Alright thank you guys so much for the advices!!!

Previous Page | Show All |