Help

Forum >> Help >> I'm New   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Jren7

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Hello I'm new and I would like for u guys to take an overview of roster and my minors, i know team is very bad but I can't sign free agents so... And also what is the best ballpark dimensions
CoryCates

Rocket City Trash Pandas
IV.6

Broken Bat Baseball
The best advice that can be given is to go to the help tab and read "Newbie Checklist". Then take a few moments a day and read forums. All of your questions have been answered at some point in them.

You are right...your team is completely messed up. You have minor leaguers that should not be in the majors, other players that should never have been kept, and some old players that should have been replaced long ago.

Take your first season and try to fix what you can by reading forums and becoming familiar with how to develop players. Also, realize you have a team that is going to take a few seasons to turn things around, but the journey is going to make your success even sweeter.

One thing I've learned is there are no quick fixes in Broken Bat. The free agent/waiver wire is usually only good for putting a Band-aid on a problem. Drafting good prospects and building a very good minor league system is the way to go.

Good Luck!
JJNZ

Yakima Monster
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
The good news is that you're going to have a lot of fun with a blank slate to go nuts when waivers open next year.....

Honestly, the only keepers I see are:

Yabuuchi looks like a good Catcher - you should be playing him there NOW so he learns the position
Salas and O'Connell are average, but they'll be worth holding onto until you can find improvements

In the minors, Kraft is a good looking 1B, Bailey is a nice defensive SS, Britt is nice, Reyna and Pareles are both behind in development but might be worth a shot, Daniels has potential but the rest are probably able to be cut easily and upgraded with whats in free agency when its open. Hopefully that's of some help, don't be afraid to be a bit ruthless, and definitely spend some time going through what 12 pots become available, there's heaps of quality guys that get overlooked.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Welcome!

I know team is very bad

You warned us, but I still wasn't prepared for an 11 team rating and 25 fan mood. :). Fixing this team is going to be a big job. Will take a few seasons to turn it around.

I wouldn't worry too much about ballpark dimensions. Not going to make a lot of difference. When waivers reopen (~ 1.5 weeks), if you find it easier adding speedy defensive players then big bat players - you might try a big park. Likely still going to lose alot at the start.
Mesh77

Aurora Invaders
V.15

Broken Bat Baseball
It might look daunting at first but if you're prepared to put in the effort a quick turn-around is possible - I know, because the Salem Sluggers in your league were my previous team, before I jumped ship to Legends. Take a look at their Transactions page since 10/27/16 (two days after I took over) - 181 transactions in just under three months, which is one Broken Bat season. If you're prepared to put in time scouring the free agent lists for bargain basement signings and are prepared to put in countless waiver claims in the hope that even a few pay off then you'll be on your way.

The Sluggers aren't world-beaters but both their majors roster and minor leagues are now full of promising youth (up to age 25, excluding half the pitching staff) who will only grow better with more playing time and experience. They're pointing upward. It might take West Haven a bit longer but that just means the rewards will be more gratifying.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Here are a few more useful links:

Meaning of player ratings

How to project a player's potential

Defensive guidelines

Understanding position experience

Pitcher Roles

Draft Pools

Finances