Help

Forum >> Help >> Managers   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
*dangles the fish hook again*

Well after the guys I listed yesterday were quickly snapped up, this guy was dropped in the merry-go-round!
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
@newtman, I hope you are joking. McQuire is the absolute worst choice for a team that is rebuilding. He has horrendous development. I would stick with Waddell. Excellent development is really the only important thing for a team that is rebuilding.

Porter would have been good, but he has already been scooped (again). I wouldn't let Waddell go until you find another Excellent Development guy.

Updated Thursday, February 9 2017 @ 6:56:47 pm PST
Philliesworld

Pierre Jacobins
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Sorry Jren, I was one of the managers that scooped up one of the afore mentioned coaches.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
@Rock, McGuire does not have horrendous development, that would be the "poor teacher of the game" comment. McGuire lacks any comment which means he will stick around 10 rather than going up or down. He has two positives and no negatives, while the suggestion you made does have excellent development, he also has three penalties to hitting, pitching, and defense which will make a re-building team play even worse than they already do. There are hundreds of worse choices, and I was dead serious in saying that McGuire is the best choice listed above that hasn't been taken. You are the one who must be joking there...

Updated Friday, February 10 2017 @ 4:58:11 am PST
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
The Jets are in VI with 12 wins this year. He can't be demoted from VI. Getting a manager with good game time abilities is going to win him what, maybe 5 more games? If I were in his shoes, I would rather have the guy that will help improve the team than a guy who will give a (very) small short term gain in performance. Especially when that (very) small short term gain is unlikely to even get him out of last place.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
If he thought his players were doing bad before, wait til he sees those players with a penalty on every type of game performance. I personally would keep looking since I would still rate McGuire ahead of Waddell, and no one else even merits consideration. Just my two cents.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Part of the beauty of this game. Everyone can have their own theories and strategies and no one strategy wins all. BTW, I wasn't trying to be a jerk, I actually thought you might be joking because my own view is so opposite of yours, LOL.
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I'd take the excellent development guy every time. Actual on-field performance won't matter at all as long as the players themselves are developing well. A total rebuild requires youth, youth and more youth, so you'll be playing 24-27 year-olds in the majors and will look to stock your minors system with as many upside guys as you can to fill as many places as you can. Once you get a few seasons down the line you can look for a better all-round manager - even better if one comes up before then, but at least set yourself up for as good a team as you can a few seasons down the line.
occham

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I suspect the previous owner of your team didn't get the memo about tanking not actually affecting anything. Achieving promotion will be a challenge but it'll be very rewarding once you get there.

Once FA opens up after the rollover, you'll make dramatic improvements just picking up unclaimed FAs.

Manager wise, no matter what you do, promotion is probably 2 seasons away at best. You'll need that long to restock your lineup and then figure out if those restocked players are what you thought they'd be and do it again, etc.

I'd go for the best 'excellent' development you can find but "Good" is also probably good enough for now. You're a long way from 'optimizing the training of your minor league talent' as being a critical problem.

Just keep chugging and embrace the churn. Get talent that can play that doesn't cost a lot. The FA pool has a ton of decent players, particularly for division VI teams. There's zero advantage to tanking - none.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
It can be a long road, but a ton of fun to turn around a team like this. You will be able to make massive improvements once the market opens up.

One thing I disagree with. He has some good talent in his minors already. But also a lot of international players that are a bit behind in development. Player development should be #1 priority now, not seasons from now. Those guys could be your future all-stars in a few seasons.

Also, make sure you promote guys like Kraft who are recommended for promotion. Every Friday the coaching staff will refresh their recommendations for players. If you click the "Reassign Players" button from the Roster or Minors page, you can follow the assignment recommendations for your whole team.

Updated Saturday, February 11 2017 @ 7:58:02 am PST

Previous Page | Show All |