Help

Forum >> Help >> Seeking Training Advice switching between Majors and Minors   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
li2150

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
The minor league finished last weekend, so I brought up some 25 years players to get some major experience. The question is, should I put them back to minors before training update to get more minor experience? Would this be a waste of their major PA/BF/DIS?

I also inherited a 27 year old major player who never played any AAA. I put him down every Friday to get some minor experience. Would this be a waste of his major PA/BF/DIS too?
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I don't think it has ever been confirmed, but my working belief is that BF/PA are wasted if you put them back in the minors. For a guy like Lane, who has the dreaded " doesn't have too much room for improvement" message, you are better off putting him in AAA. For other players you are probably better off leaving them in the majors to cash in on the experience.

EDIT: I'm unsure about DIS, that may get counted either way.

Updated Thursday, February 9 2017 @ 11:50:55 pm PST
li2150

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thank you very much for checking my team, Rock. Expected you to share some of your experience.

I decided to put them back to minors as an experiment, 3 of 6 fielders and 1 of 4 pitchers I put back to minors got training upgrades. Monti, the DH got 1 fielding increase, which should not be the result of PA/BF. But other improvements are difficult to tell if they came from minors training or PA/BF. I tend to believe PA/BF are not wasted, because Santiago got similar upgrades as other two young pitchers (Maduro and Schroder) who were heavily used in the past week.

I think the only conclusion can be drawn is that players still can receive minors training if they are put back to minors before training update even they played entire week in majors. Next week I will leave them in majors to check if we can see any difference.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
A small sample size experiment like that won't work, because players don't gain enough training or experience in any given week to pop most skills in two straight weeks. Training gains in the best of cases is likely no more than 0.2 per skill per week, while experience in the best cases is likely no more than 0.5 per skill per week.
li2150

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I agree, the sample size is too small and the duration is too short. As I stated, I actually do not know how the SI are gained. But currently this is the only approach I can think out. After all we only get 50 players in one club.

Updated Friday, February 10 2017 @ 8:26:41 am PST
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I'd be looking to replace all three of those pitchers, btw. Only 11 POTs and no positive out pitch (for the most part), with too many points in stamina and fielding = no upside. You should look for similar age guys with at least 12 POT.
li2150

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
@amalric7
Thanks a lot for the suggestion. I totally agree with you. They are all inherited from my predecessor. Currently I still plan to give some chance to Maduro and Schroder since they have finished minor training. I will keep an eye on their performance and try to seek some replacements when waiver claim opens.

Previous Page | Show All |