Help

Forum >> Help >> Streaks?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
RDailey1948

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Zhiqiang Sun [ID #131307]
As a new player I've seen some poor performing "good" players and then this guy I picked up as a fillin at 2B or SS and a potential hit and run type.
His 6 Power has converted into 6 HR in 93 AB! He has 13 15 8 and 6 for his hitting skills.
Is there a clue in these skill numbers or is this just a real Hot Streak?
DaveCool

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I drafted and kept him as a bench player during his first season. I liked him, but he just didn't fit in with my plan. The power is a fluke. I think he could be a decent back-up until you can replace him with a better player.
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
"Good" is only a general description, don't use it to grade players. Its only useful when drafting players, where you want to prioritise: very good --> good --> above average --> anything else.

You really want to look at SI and POT - the more POT (potential) a player has the more SI he will have. The usual range of SI for an 11 POT is 86-95, so Sun looks like he's maxed out. You can put his power 'burst' down to small sample size, as he's not a great hitter and he has no power report, which means he'll likely regress the more you play him.

He's also not a good fielder - you want Fielding & Range at 15+ at 2B, if you can get it. Plus his 17 Speed is wasted. I'd replace him as soon as you can.

Previous Page | Show All |