Help

Forum >> Help >> New Season   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Stups

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Just curious if there are any vets out there that could have a look at my roster and help me out on what i need to do. I just signed a bunch of players to fill out my roster...but is that the best way or should i be dropping lots of guys and hoping for waiver claims...still figuring this all out and dont want to miss out on players
mcrmoe

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Hello and welcome,

Quickly glancing at your roster, you have an older roster with no high caliber young players and bare cupboards (minors).

Now that the problem has been identified, the primary focus should be on preparing the team the long haul. You should have a nice steady stream of talent being developing. Meaning that your minor league system should churn out 2-3 players per season.

In your position, I'd get the best available talent for you minors. Over time hopefully you´ll have the luxury of fine tuning the type of players in the system. As for your major league roster, again find the best available talent. Put out a ton of rosters and hope for the best.
FreddyTheEye

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I agree with mcrmoe above.

You have lots of roster spots available so just drop guys as soon as you win some waivers.

For starters:

Do you have / need cash?
You can drop the higher salary guys like the 35 year old etc. (It really doesn't matter much if you win THIS season.)

I would be looking to sign as many potential 12 & 13 minor league guys as I could until I had dropped all my potential 11 guys. (I'm assuming you have done the reading and understand what potential is and what players should look like at each position).

Put waivers on every player that would be an improvement over your current major league roster, and or sign free agents (be wary of salaries if cash strapped).
You want to get better but you want to get younger too and you definitely don't want to break the bank at this point.
PrivateSnowflake

Bloomington Thunder
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Word of warning: don't rely solely on the POT search. There are a lot of 12 pots out there much better than some of the 13's. You need to learn the scouting reports. Do a forum search on scouting reports. I think Rock posted the breakdowns a few years ago. Use those over the POT search.
AssumedPseudonym

Deerfield Beach Rats
V.7

Broken Bat Baseball
 Here’s the thread PrivateSnowflake was referring to.

Previous Page | Show All |