Help

Forum >> Help >> Improving Team   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Huaraches25

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I've been trying to improve my pitching this year while at the same time replacing my 30+ yr olds (except stars like Skinner Giles and Evans) with younger players, but the youth I get are mostly 28 yr olds with questionable builds. I'm trying hard to avoid relegation and at the same time push for LL. IV in the next few years. Waivers isn't cutting it for me( although Ive had success in picking up players that help me midseason in seasons past) And while the talent Ive had good luck in getting really talented players (West, Ramos, Longoria) the volume of players worth keeping has not been ideal in the draft I only kept like 3 of my picks from last season. Any tips on advancing and what Im doing thus far?
JJNZ

Yakima Monster
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Villasenor and Glass are the first 2 I focus on - neither really helps you short or long term, Cole probably isn't ready to come up until the end of this season so ideally you want to find someone else in AAA or with potential to grow in the majors. Most of your other guys have reasonable builds, Wilson is probably an LR or SP5 at best though

Some guys to consider
Hatfield - room to grow despite his age, but still a relatively low ceiling
Cabral - missed AAA but potential there
Geary - SP5 perhaps - young enough and should max potential
DuBois - bit of a left field option, but has 2 really good pitches which are at least partially developed

If you want a veteran option, Madison was one of my best pitchers for 10 seasons, and would still be a great set up guy for LL5, I only let him go to give a couple of young guys roster spots.

Updated Tuesday, February 28 2017 @ 12:33:12 am PST

Previous Page | Show All |