Help

Forum >> Help >> Odd Skill levels and Performance?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
RDailey1948

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Out of curiosity(and need to upgrade) I picked this guy, Marcos Dominquez [ID #137440] this Spring. He is 24, 54 SI and 13 POT BUT Hit=0 BC=4 PD=1 and PWr=4.
I'm surprised he could find the batter's box and really surprised he is hitting .450 and .976 OPS so far this ST in 20 AB.
His Rookie numbers aren't too bad and his scouting is nice.
Is this performance as unusual as I think it is?

He had 3 AB in 2030.
How much jump from 0 Hitting should I expect on Training update? Should he be getting all the innings I can get him?

Thanks

Updated Tuesday, February 28 2017 @ 1:15:40 pm PST
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but that guy has almost no chance of approaching his potential. Cut him and find someone else immediately.
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Agreed with Mike.

Dominguez has a good report and is a 13 POT, but he's gained just 3 SI in 3 seasons. 54 SI is criminally low for a 24-yo, meaning that even in the unlikely event he gains 10 SI/season he won't be ML-ready for another 3-4 seasons. He's not getting playing time because his SI score is low even for Rookie ball, and the most likely outcome is that he continues to make very small gains and fails to pan out before he starts declining.

There's not much in free agency right now but that will change once the draft picks re-start and the regular season comes around and teams make changes to their rosters. I'd cut Dominguez as soon as something better comes along, and maybe even sooner than that.
RDailey1948

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
OK, thanks for the input guys!

Previous Page | Show All |