jreynoldson913

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball

Updated Wednesday, March 15 2017 @ 7:01:09 pm PDT
jetsrock48

Davenport Cobras
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Your missing true potential superstars. Out of your three 14 POT guys, two are very strong in speed which kind of makes them 13 POT guys. They should both still be good players but it's nothing special in my mind.

Have a defensive plan with your minors. This is where I fell apart when I first started. First, put your players where they should belong. Low fielding? Throw them in the OF. High fielding, high range? 2B. So on. Pay attention to see if you have too many players training at the same position and you may want to switch them so your guys will be ready to contribute once promoted.

It seems you are on your way in terms of evaluating talent and building up your system. Cut your weaker guys as you replace them. Someone like Edgar Orosco doesn't have a strong future. He has no scouting report and looks like a good defensive OF. What else will he provide for you?

Look on the waiver wires to pick up prospects that others have given up on. You can find gems in there. In a year or two you can have all minor league guys with "very good" potential. Just keep searching for good prospecs and get lucky in the draft.
jreynoldson913

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Ya can I get a break down on every single player in my minors
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I can try to on Friday if no one beats me to it. That is 26 players and will take me probably around an hour to 90 minutes to fully do, if you still want it Friday, a friendly message sent to my in-game mail reminding me I said I would do it would be helpful. You don't want a late night analysis from me anyways...
jreynoldson913

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Alright thx Newtman
jreynoldson913

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Also I have this guy.

http://brokenbat.org/player/144528

Not enough range and arm to play OF
Is he just a DH which is what I have him playing right now
brentswagger

Lakeville Bears
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
I wouldn't mind this guy as a 1B either but it might take him a long time to earn that position. He can field OF and is fully trained there so probably is what he is at 26 but I think you could plug him in at 1B as well and I don't think he would hurt you that bad even if he isn't trained at that spot.
jreynoldson913

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Newman I still want ir overview and could u do some of the new players I just signed
jreynoldson913

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Also if I had a pitcher who is in minors, it says he has below average control. If I had the primary training on control and secondary on something else. Would that be able to get him to like average control
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
No, that won't really help. The scouting report is the limit scouts think he can reach (regardless of training). Many players never even reach their limit.

It is possible he gets more control, but that would be due to the scouts being wrong. We've actually seen quite a few examples of guys like that lately. nobodyjones just posted an example in the Draft #4 thread.

Previous Page | Show All |