Help

Forum >> Help >> Which one to train for SS?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
dsz071

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I just promoted my SS prospect at the start of this season.But he took forever to promote and will need to be replaced at some point. I seriously need pitching in my minors but can't get a good or very good pitching prospect to save my life. Anyway I just picked up a 14POT in the draft today. He can be solid in the field, range is 17, arm is 16. I also have a prospect at A that I just moved to SS, basically because I have no other SS in my system. He can be outstanding in the field with range 14, arm 16. So I know neither are ideal for SS. One lacks fielding, the other lacks range. Which area would be less harmful to sacrifice if I can't pick up another SS in my system?
JJNZ

Yakima Monster
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
I'd go for the first one - I'd sacrifice a little fielding for the extra chances he'll create with that extra range.
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I personally would still be ok with Solid fielding on a SS. It's not THAT bad. You'd get the minimum fielding for a serviceable SS and IMO range is king at that position. The arm is certainly good enough as well.

You could possibly train the other guy at 3B since is range is a bit lower. He still has the arm for it. Heck, either could probably make good 3Bs in addition to SSs. If at all possible, get them some position experience in both places.

2B is also an option as well if you're trying to keep both, but it seems like the 16 arm is a bit of a waste there if you can play them at SS or 3B that utilizes the arm more.

Basically to me, those three IF positions all have one area that's more important than the others. SS is range, 2B is fielding, 3B is arm. SS just needs to be good at ALL those areas really whereas 2B can get away without being great at arm and 3B can get away without being great at range.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Agree. 17 Range at SS. The other guy could probably be a good 3B.
dsz071

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
As always, thanks for the advice.

Previous Page | Show All |