Help

Forum >> Help >> Closer question   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
jreynoldson913

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
What bout lets say 1-0 ball game entering Bolton 9, a promotion rides on u winning this game, ur pitcher is throwing a no hitter but is 140 pitches in. U got a stud 119 SI closer. 2, 3, 4 hitters up

What would happen for this

Then let's at this happens. Walk, he steals second, the another walk.
Is the pitcher then pulled but they have not gotten a hit
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I think he stays in. The AI allows pitchers to throw no hitters.
jreynoldson913

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Yes but I think the AI should factor in huge games like that. Like we all would take the promotion over a no hitter
dsz071

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I can't speak for anyone else but I think that with promotion on the line I would make some changes on my Management page. I damn sure wouldn't set my pitch count over 140 no matter who I have going in the game. I'm sure someone has figured out what stamina for a pitcher is good for X number of pitches before he becomes too tired/ineffective but I set my max pitch count at 105 and that's for an 18 Stamina.
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
No hitter is the trump card in this situation.

It would not matter what you set your pitch count at, starter keeps pitching if there are no hits given up.

I like this feature. I wouldn't change it for the very rarest of circumstances, which is what these doomsday scenarios put forth are.

Fact is, you never know what loss cost you promotion. It could be one from the first week of the season.

dsz071

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I was just saying that in what I'm assuming is a rare occasion that the last game of the season comes down to a must win to promote I would have a short leash on my starter. But it is good to know that a no hitter trumps pitch count. By the way, that was a pretty dominant performance by my guy. 89 pitches...
AssumedPseudonym

Deerfield Beach Rats
V.7

Broken Bat Baseball
 …Man, am I glad I get to face Gentry today instead of yesterday, heh…

EDIT: I’m actually sort of disappointed to see that he’s injured, though. As relieved as I might be that I’m not going to have to face him, I really sorta wanted a crack at ’im to see how the lineup would do.

Updated Sunday, April 2 2017 @ 3:32:03 pm PDT
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
If it was the final game of the season with the promotion on the line and my starter was throwing a no-hitter...

YES, I would keep him in! Why would I pull a pitcher who's dominating the other team? No, I would absolutely stick with what works and I think real life MLB managers would do the same. He's on fire... in a zone... would you really sacrifice that and throw in someone fresh into the game that's only as warm as a few tosses he threw to the backup catcher in the pen?

If he loses the no-hitter, then yeah... by all means go to the closer... but until he shows any sign of cracking, I'm sticking with him personally. This feature shouldn't change IMO. It works the way it should.

I mean yes it would suck if it was 1-0 in your favor and he gave up a walk followed by a HR to lose the game... but the odds of that sequencing are ridiculously slim. It's far more likely he just gives up a regular hit of some sort instead.
AssumedPseudonym

Deerfield Beach Rats
V.7

Broken Bat Baseball
 …And I absolutely agree that that. I’m a huge proponent of “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it,” and a no-no is about as close to not-broke as you can get for a starting pitcher.
jreynoldson913

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Well it had just been a walk, wild pitch he goes to second, another walk, and number 3 hitter at the plate who is a silver slugger with the two guys on r 18+ speed

Previous Page | Show All |