Help

Forum >> Help >> Sinking fast - help!   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
RJ Harrison

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I finally moved up to level V. I am so sucking. My record is 21-54 with a run diff of 182.

Here is my roster:
http://brokenbat.org/roster/715

Is this just too much competition for me? Anything I can do while the season isn't too far gone? Or does my team just suck and it should sink back into the swamp from which it came?

RJ
FurySK

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
huge lack of contact hitting skills from half the lineup and not a fully developed pitching staff. I don't think that short of winning some big waiver claims on some veterans that you'll be able to make up a 13 game difference between fourth and fifth. I'd try to get guys that can develop with that majors time and get guys that arent 10 or less in hitting at full build.
Garnash1970

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Hi ... FurySK is absolutely right. You have a real lack of guys that can hit (Hitting 15+). You also have a whole bunch of pitchers with poor (in my mind) control (Control 11-).

Focus on developing the youngsters that will grow to be useful and look to alter the character of guys in the minor league pipe-line ... i.e. scouting reports that declare a hitter to Good or better and pitchers that do not have a negative control scout.

I try to avoid just 'good' hitters, too, for the record, unless he's a superb fielder, or a prolific slugging C with an arm of 17+ for example. I also try to avoid pitchers with control less than 14. Walks suck. Even with high control walks, wild pitches and hit batters occur at the absolute worst time, so try to minimize and go with guys you can depend on to deliver.

Good luck!

P.S. I also just noticed: your hitters are also a bit light on power. Pick something to be "known" for and go for it with everything you got. If you're looking for inspiration, look at the Legends team Seattle Rickeys and look how his team is built. It works, oddly, but you cannot argue with wins.

Updated Monday, April 3 2017 @ 9:22:04 pm PDT
FurySK

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I've seen some builds work with good contact hitting. however, those players typically have either superb plate discipline and turn .080+ obp margins onto their contact hitting, or they have 45% or more of their hits turning into doubles, triples, or HR's.

Similarly, i've seen below average control survive, but in most cases it needs to be at the upper range (9-10), and then most of the guys that have survived in D.III or higher have had all three pitches at a 15+ talent level.

Just look at Legends through D.III teams and look at what the best of those teams are doing well to win, and mimic it.
RJ Harrison

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Okay, thank you all. I always learn a lot from these posts and I'll work on it. As they say, there's always next year.

RJ
Garnet

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I think the above is great advice. I would add only a couple of things.

I think you need to upgrade your C, look for a 17+ arm. There are good C's out there as you build one in the minors.
Then... look at your OF arms and range. A fast team would steal and take extra bases against you.

I tried to build a fast team in a large park, lots more I would like to do - as Garnash said pick something and run with it.

Previous Page | Show All |