Help

Forum >> Help >> Position   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
jreynoldson913

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
http://brokenbat.org/player/146072

I like tovar as a prospect a lot but I'm hoping his hitting which is only 11 right now will rise and the prolific slugger will reach around 17-20. But idk where to play him. I was thinking corner of with his 19 range but he only has like a 11 arm
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
He'd be CF all the way for me. That 19 range demands it. His arm is only average, but who really cares with that coverage? I know I wouldn't. That's assuming his bat ends up being good enough to play him, though, which isn't a given. His power skill will definitely climb, but if that doesn't result in a big increase in his homer rate he might end up being a platoon/backup/defensive replacement outfielder.

Does the AI really have him recommended at A ball? At age 22 and 81 SI, that's kind of weird. Good luck with him.
jreynoldson913

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Should I promote him. He has only gained 5 SI in the past 2 years and is only hitting 250 with 10 hr in A granted the hitting skills r still pretty low
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I'd leave him in A. He only has one season in A, I wouldn't promote a guy early unless he has at least two seasons at his current level. SI isn't a reliable measure for what level they should be. Some guys have a ton of SI just in Speed, Range, and Arm. Or with a guy like this, he has a ton of SI in Hitting despite being near his ceiling, while he has a huge amount of room to grow in Power.

Updated Friday, April 21 2017 @ 7:00:37 am PDT
wil_m

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I agree with MukilteoMike, He looks like CF all the way! He has wonderful range! If he is played at 3B he may lack the arm. Also his fielding level is not even rated, so he may make a lot of errors at 3B. If played at 2B he may also make a lot of errors.

His power looks good. But he may not become a good enough hitter for average to be a regular player. But his range will be valuable for defense regardless. His lower rating in fielding should not be a problem in CF. And his range will be great in CF.

He is a Latin player so he may be slow to develop in the minors. But he still has plenty of time, so that is a good thing.

Previous Page | Show All |