Help

Forum >> Help >> Fielding   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
calebapple

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
My team commits an ungodly amount of errors. Could anyone take a look at my lineups and tell me the optimal positions I should play those guys in, cause right now I think i'm losing many games because of miscues.
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Abreu is the main culprit - his only listed position is C, but his 12 Arm won't play there. Giving him 131 games in your infield though is suicide: you really need capital positions there, with the possible exception of 1B. Fielding is especially important at SS and 2B, and 3B to a slightly lesser extent. Abreu has the SI numbers, not the ability for the infield, but would do much better in the OF where fielding isn't important. Same for Ruiz.

Vallejo seems to have found his level in LLVI after I wasted two seasons trying to get something out of him. He's your 2B. Rajput doesn't really have the Range for it, which means he's an OF at best, but an emergency 2B when needed.

Renteria has decent Range and Arm for 3B but with below average fielding those errors will come. Its not enough to worry about though, he's decent.

Glenn (when healthy) should be your starting C, don't ever play him at SS with that 8 Range.

Mason and Schmitt have 1B covered.

Ruiz is probably your best bet at SS, and although his Range isn't optimal it will do. Nash belongs in the OF - an atrocious fielder at SS is an absolute no-no, capital position or no. Just don't do it.

In your minors, good to see Conrad and Rapp playing 2B that's their future position. Even though he has just a 13 Arm I'd be training Mason for SS, outstanding Fielding and 20 Range would be excellent there and OF isn't that important - that's where you play lefty hitters. I'd train Jordan at 1B, doesn't have the Range for anywhere else.

Updated Thursday, April 27 2017 @ 7:45:17 am PDT
PrivateSnowflake

Bloomington Thunder
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
We all wish we had it so bad to have won 95 games already :)

Like almaric said, your infield is hurting you.
My 2 cents:
C Glenn
1B Mason
2B Rajput
SS Ruiz
3B Ito
LF Nash
CF Cline
RF Abreu
DH Renteria

Going to need some corner OF'ers next year. Guys with range and arms. Good luck!

Previous Page | Show All |