Help

Forum >> Help >> 2B Logjam   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
nemesis

Brooklyn Dodgers
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
I need to make some roster space, and 2B is top of my list All these guys are righties.

Wall #1, 29 - lacks ideal range but put up decent fielding numbers and raked with the bat (.354 avg w/RISP). I'm not sure a career year at age 28 is sustainable, plus he makes $1.75M.

Wall #2, 24 - never going to match Wall #1 for OBP with that PD, but very good hitter with good numbers for the field.

Ortega, 25 - in AAA, needs promoted. Best fielder of the three and can cover SS too, but I worry about the bat, because my SS is this guy:-

Kekoa, 24 - All-or-nothing at the plate, .183 AVG and ridiculous 6:157 BB:K ratio! But had 42 XBH and 45 SB (pure #9 hitter) and should be a Gold Glove defender at SS.

My main worry is that having Ortega and Kekoa as my MI pairing would hurt my hitting, though they'd be an outstanding DP combo. Wall#2 probably does just the same as Ortega with a better bat, but can't cover SS. Wall#1 seems like the obvious cut but is the best bat by some considerable distance.

Thoughts please!
xLee227

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I don't think Ortega will be good enough offensively especially given that he doesn't even have the 'good hitting' scouting report. I would keep him around as a defensively sound backup 2B/SS if you have room.

About Wall #1 and 2, I think it would depend on your priorities this season - if you're looking to promote, I'd play Chad Wall and look to get a better replacement down the line than Roman Wall. Otherwise, I'd probably go with Roman Wall and try to see how he does with more playing time - Chad Wall broke out last season at age 28 and I wouldn't be that confident he can replicate that production consistently.

Previous Page | Show All |