Help

Forum >> Help >> Displayed Skill   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Segui is actually a perfect example. In 5 years he has only gone up 1 BC. So he may have already hit pretty close to his max growth in BC (for training). At that point he would stop growing in BC, and if he were just barely over the line to 8 (7.5 or 7.9 however it rounds), then even a small decrease due to sharpening could push him back down.
Favuz

Oxnard Sunsets
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Weirdly enough, Segui gained 1 point in BC today, after having lost it 2 fridays ago.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I had that happen to a player in a trainable skill about 10 seasons ago, unfortunately I can't remember which one.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Maybe that indicates that minors training growth is not linear...?

I had a bunch of guys do that once when Steve recalibrated, but everyone saw changes like that when that happened.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Or it could mean a few guys grow so slowly that it can happen. Two reported instances in BB qualifies as outliers, which really makes it more an oddity than something worth worrying about.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
I don't quite follow what's weird here. Cool example tho.

Say Segui is adding 0.1 BC per training update.
He's at 7.8. But he's got a +0.4 to his display.
Two weeks ago "better knowledge" takes the display modifier to 0. He "drops" to 7 BC.
But he is adding 0.1 BC per week, so 2 weeks later he pops back to 8.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Because he went up and then down and then back up again. I was assuming that both scout sharpening and training were happening at a linear rate, but that would only allow for one correction. So they must not be absolutely linear. There must be some small amount of variation which enables the two lines to cross twice. Not so surprising I suppose that training has some variation week to week.

I do think the example still supports my theory on sharpening normally being masked by development.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Ah.

I am assuming "sharpening" is a random event rather than a continuous process.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I think its a continuous process. If it were a random event you would see more drops in various skills early on after picking a guy up.

I'm imagining that training has a random component to it. That would be enough to explain the double correction given this guys training advance in BC is so low.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Here is another good example of a player losing a point in BC due to scout sharpening.

Previous Page | Show All |