Help

Forum >> Help >> 2033   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Here's the scenario....

I've currently got 15 position players on my big club. It's a number I'm comfortable with. I will sometimes run 14 and sometimes 16 but 15 is usually about right for me.

I've got 3 guys in AAA who are most surely coming up next season which means cuts will be coming at the end of the season.

Those coming up are 3B Santini, 2B Yamaguchi (if he doesn't flop) and C Salinas.

If you were going to cull 3 guys from my current ML roster under those circumstances, who would they be?

And....go!
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Sanchez and Cooper might drop a bunch next offseason, and Rosario isn't great.

That was easy. :D
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Interesting lol
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I was serious.

Rosario is an obvious cut for making room, not even sure why he's on your roster now. Yamaguchi is an straight replacement for Sanchez. Santini needs to play and at 3B. Plus the simple fact is that Cooper and Sanchez will both be 33 next season and earning around $5M between them. You have a proper roster crunch and honestly everyone else is too good!

(edited out all the 'obvious' comments, LOL)

Updated Friday, June 9 2017 @ 3:54:02 pm PDT
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
No, I appreciated your analysis. I am holding off to see if anyone else wants to offer an opinion. 😊
Pig_Cola

Glendale Marshals
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
I agree with amalric. Cooper, Sanchez, and Rosario should be cut.
12twelve

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I agree that Rosario would be first to go, followed by Sanchez. Cooper is still hitting 10 points higher than his career average with an OPS of .858. If he doesn't have a huge drop in the off-season, I'd keep him. One guy to look at might be Rosas. His offensive ratings are really good, but he is a career .253 hitter with career OPS of .739 and isn't going to give you any help on defense. That would be a hard one to let go of for me, though.

Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
@12 You are really into something with Rosas. He's been on my short list for awhile. His strengths are his speed, his explosiveness and his skill #'s. I coveted him since the day I drafted him and expected him to become a star for my team. The #s you mentioned would be fine if he played a key defensive position but for a DH/LF I am less than satisfied.

Sanchez is almost certainly gone by 2033. He's in decline and his replacement(s) are already on scene. He's had a great career for me. No complaints but his time to move on is upon me.

Rosario is on my club for one reason only. His ability to take a pitch. I had too many guys I was leaning on, like Sanchez, that make quick outs. He might not make sense normally but he fulfilled a need for me. Turns out he can also run and may be the best base stealer on my club. He has been on the chopping block since day one.

Cooper. Ah Cooper. He started at SS for me at age 25 as a stop gap. I never intended him to play SS long term but he's in his 8th season as my starting SS. And although his decline has started he's still performing at a high level. He may make a great bench player and injury fill in for awhile after he is pushed out at SS. Yes 2.8 million for that at first but that math doesn't bother me.

Ma may be expendable because of Zhou, Kirk, Salinas. Zhou is expected to replace him in his role as LH RF. Salinas and Rowland can hold down Catcher duties. Santini should be 3B making Rowland a catcher primarily. Kirk has an amazing bat and needs to play RF or C. Tempted to try him at CF which could create some different scenarios.

Previous Page | Show All |