Help

Forum >> Help >> 28 yr old at AAA needs ABs.   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
RDailey1948

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I just picked this guy up, he has no AAA experience and I want to see if he can still develope. I'm assuming he needs the AAA time based on what I've read.
http://brokenbat.org/player/126636/M

He has SS and that is where I want him to play if he developes.
He's been in minors Trng SS for three 2017 days and no ABs yet. I'll change to a new position for him and see if I can get some ABs.
Is this the way to do this?
I have six other hitters in AAA but none were Trng SS. Is player number an issue?
Is his age the issue?
Is lack of patience the issue?
I checked around on Forum but didn't see info I'm looking for.
Thanks in advance.
RD
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
IV.7

Broken Bat Baseball
He's probably not going to get ABs based on his age. He'll still get training though. No worries. Leave him where you want him to get experience.

Edit: just put him in the bigs.

Updated Saturday, June 10 2017 @ 11:11:40 am PDT
RDailey1948

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks Tiger. Was hoping I could get some growth in hitting in minors. Guess I'll run him vs LH and see what happens.
Carcharoth

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
To clarify Tiger's statement, he will still receive all the benefits of being in the minors, including training hitting, even if his minor league stats page does not show him getting any ABs. The minors teams are randomly generated based on the players at each level on every team in the game, and players who are overage or with low SI almost always get passed over. The only downside is you will not have a sense of how well he might hit, but even then considering the ABs are against random AAA pitcher, the data are probably not very reliable.

Also, as a 28yo you probably need to call him up and start playing him. The amount of training he gets in the minors at that age is going to be quite minimal. To be honest, because batters seem to progress more slowly than pitchers when they get their initial major league experience, 28yo is the high end of what I would even consider putting effort in to. If you have a younger option who's ready to move up, it might be more worthwhile releasing this guy and putting the ABs and playing time into a player with a better chance of fully developing.
RDailey1948

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Carcharoth, thanks for the further input.

Previous Page | Show All |