Help

Forum >> Help >> Can He Still Be Good?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Sneaky-Day

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
[url=http://www/brokenbat.org/player/146044] This guy [/url] was found in the Majors when I got this team. He never played any games in the minors before I took over this team. Is he completely stunted and will never reach his potential?

Updated Sunday, June 11 2017 @ 9:02:10 am PDT
Endrju

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
"Is he completely stunted and will never reach his potential?"

Unfortunately that's the case. He's 24, he can gain maybe 10 more SI in the minors if you keep him there for 2 seasons, and then you are left with a 26 year old 85 SI player that will top off at 100-105 SI after 2-3 more seasons... No chance to get to 14 potential.

Not to mention that his range and arm is not good enough (in my book) for SS and he should be a 3B, so he would be entering majors with his position not fully trained.

I'd cut this guy if I were you and make way for players that can actually make it big.
occham

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I definitely agree with 3B, not SS.

I don't think he'll max out but as long as he's not in the way, I wouldn't cut him. I'd leave him in the minors and sort of push him along. I assume he's in "A" cause that's the recommendation?. I'd leave him there for a 4-5 more training cycles then put him in AA before he end of this year and through preseason and a few weeks of next year. By week 3-4 of next year, I'd push him to AAA to finish up whatever training he can get. At 26, he's back in the majors, win or lose.

When you eventually find yourself at 48-50 players, keep him on the list of guys to get voted off the island first.

The bigger problem to me was that he was a slow learner period. 4 points / year is slow and his discipline never moved at all. He may have always been a lost cause. If that training doesn't notably pick up, he'll barely be an 'unremarkable 12-pot' player, let alone a star.

Updated Sunday, June 11 2017 @ 9:48:43 am PDT

Previous Page | Show All |