Help

Forum >> Help >> Inherited Runners??   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Steve's long run out of room for new stats though...

I still say he should just break down the stat tables into two tables so that he doesn't hafta worry about it running off the page.

If you go to any major site that lists detail player stats, you'll see at the very minimum, a "basic" and an "extended" section. This applies both to pitching and hitting. Steve could easily solve the space problems and display more stats (assuming they're easy enough to track/calculate/code) if he did similar.
lostraven

Corvallis Ravens
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
+1 to Crazy Li's thought.
WizKid

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
would love to be able to track this.

Steve- would it be possible to add one stat for inherited runners scored % ... hovering could reveal the actual numbers, similar to defensive fielding average?
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
I can look into it? Do we think that's the most useful statistic?

Steve
Deuce

New London Rippers
V.3

Broken Bat Baseball
I like the stat. Seems like some pitchers are terrible when you compare their era in "fresh" innings compared to inheriting runners but it's just a feeling right now..it would be nice to confirm/deny this.
wuggla

Colorado Springs Vultures
VI.28

Broken Bat Baseball
+1 to this idea.
RDailey1948

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I think this (inherited runners scored percentage with counts) would be quite helpful when evaluating Relief Pitchers.

Thanks for looking. RD

Updated Friday, June 23 2017 @ 12:25:57 pm PDT
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Not sure I would use it. All stats are interesting to see, but I'm not sure how much this would affect my evaluation of a RP. We only have limited space on the stat line.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Hmmmm...seems like things are a bit mixed.

Evaluating a relief pitchers is always very difficult. ERA often doesn't tell a complete story because they log so few innings. I think BAA or WHIP is most helpful. Also, I just like to see how they perform in their particular pitching role.

Steve
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Its not a stat I would find useful. I can evaluate my RPs by reading the game reports and box scores, looking at their important numbers and then making judgement calls on that.

Previous Page | Show All |