Help

Forum >> Help >> Pitcher Arm Attribute   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
munciestan

Walnut Creek Cardinals
V.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Does the Arm attribute contribute anything to a pitcher's effectiveness? In other words, does a prospect with a 16 arm contribute anything to his success versus a similar pitcher with only 8 arm?
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
IV.8

Broken Bat Baseball
Unless someone has better information, I'd think it would only apply when a pitcher is trying to pick off a base-runner or grounding a ball and making a throw to a base since arm is a defensive attribute.
amalric7

New York Lancers
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah, I doubt anyone has tracked the percentages on pitchers making accurate fielding throws based on arm strength. But if you were wondering if it makes any difference to their pitching, the answer is almost certainly no.
munciestan

Walnut Creek Cardinals
V.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Pitching performance is what I was wondering about. Thanks for the help!
wil_m

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I saw this thread and became curious.

I looked at the online game manual. It does not list arm as one of the pitching skills.

And this is interesting, it says that the arm rating and the other fielding ratings are halved when calculating the SI sum for pitchers.

Pitcher's Skill Index = 1.25 * (velocity + change of speeds + ball movement + control + stamina) + 0.5 * (fielding + range + arm)
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Arm is a defensive skill -- a strong and accurate arm when throwing to another fielder...it isn't necessarily the same as throwing balls & strikes, sliders & curve balls and trying to blow a pitch by the hitter.

Steve

Previous Page | Show All |