Help

Forum >> Help >> What exactly do Managers influence?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
jetsrock48

Davenport Cobras
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Offense skill I would think is most important - determing who pinch hits and things such as hit & run and bunting.

Does the pitching skill actually matter? Owners set the pitch counts and hooks which seem like hard numbers for managers to follow, so has anyone see that skill actually matter?

Defense is another one I'm not sure about. The only thing I can think of is if the manager actually shifts his defenders depending on the batter, but I'm not sure Broken Bat is that sophisticated. I guess Steve can answer this one.

It seems Offense and player devel are the most important skills to have in a manager. Anybody see anything that proves this wrong?
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Managers just apply a bonus to player skills. The AI behaves the same way (for things like subs) regardless of your manager's ability.
FreddyTheEye

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
In your opinion? Or are you sure?
The skill sets managers now have suggests otherwise.

Good at handling pitchers vs. poor at handling pitchers does not seem to suggest a "tax" on pitchers abilities but rather smarter decisions regarding pitching changes..know what I mean?
sShadow

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
On game manual, Manager tab

Offense: how well does the manager handle hitters and influence their offensive production.

Defense: how well does the manager coach emphasize defense and ultimately influence their performance in the field.

Pitching: how well does the manager handle pitchers and influence their pitching performance.

Surely, it says skills influence on their performance. And, I think it's not about how smart he change pitchers because we can set almost every what-to-do in such situations on Management tap. Also, it's hard to find what is 'smart' decisions on baseball. The lowest probability to allow score? Based on what? Stats? Ability? Recent forms? Even the best managers in real world can't define it...

Updated Sunday, July 23 2017 @ 6:24:09 pm PDT
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I'd be shocked if it's anything more than a tiny addition or subtraction to the skills of players. The simplest explanation is usually the correct one.

FreddyTheEye

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah you are probably right.

Things like who pitches when down 5 runs etc. are also important (you don't want to use up a top reliever so he stays fresh for a closer game)let's call it personnel management or innings distribution.
But like you guys say, we can pretty well control that if we want to.
motko

Nauvoo The Great Horned Owl
IV.6

Broken Bat Baseball
When do managers retire? at age of 62 ?
AssumedPseudonym

Deerfield Beach Rats
V.7

Broken Bat Baseball
 I think they retire at age 66 if they’re not on a team.

Previous Page | Show All |