Help

Forum >> Help >> OF arm   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I have put some weak arms (like 10) in CF. I don't think that's a good idea and there is no way to tell how many runs doing something like that costs. The only real feedback you get is assists but that doesn't tell how many extra bases runners do or don't take based on arm strength. 13 might be a decent compromise. A CF with a good arm will get assists and likely shut down a fair amount of extra base attempts.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
How much Arm is need in in CF?
I generally try to put a good arm (15+) in right and not worry very much about left, but not sure if an 11 or 13 would be enough in center. Any thoughts?

The best CF in Legends has a 14 arm.

If an 11 arm is the cost of getting elite range in CF, then I think its ok.

Pak is not a CF (imo).
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah, I really don't care what my CF's arm is but elite range is absolute complete must from my standpoint. I'd take an extra point in range over three or four more points in arm. Poole has a 14 arm, but Lee played it before him with a 10 arm. 18+ range on both was the key. Tejeda is my CF in waiting.
allen54chevy

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks guys.

Seca: yes, i have Pak in left and wish he had more range. 😊
Currently Ageda is CF with Narvaez getting plenty of reps and planning either Narveaz or Stoddard as the future CF which actually triggered the question, am i wasting time with Narvaez with a short arm?

If you want to see my organization depth chart, they are arranged by jersey number. The tens digit signifies position (34 is a 1st base, 69 is SS, 03 is DH etc) That way I can pull up my full roster and click on jersey number and everyone is in position order regardless of Position Training.

Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
My CF, "Prince" Josh Hastings, who was the Legends MVP in 2030 has 10 Arm.
afreespirit

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Keep in mind that strong arms in the OF may lead to the opposition dialing it back a bit on the management settings for base running. This can have an effect which is not obvious in the stats.
TexasSeraphim

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I am new, but I want strong arms in CF and RF. LF can have a weaker arm 10 to 14 for me is okay.

Also CF needs to have the best speed and range on my team IMO. SS needs great range too with a strong arm. 3B needs a strong arm too along with catcher. Every other position I just want decent fielding.

I love this game!
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Speed and Range are handled in a certain way for the game. They are tied together within a band of +/-6 points (I think). So a guy with 18 Speed is guaranteed to have at least 12 Range and visa versa. The upshot is that you can get some sense of how good a draftees range might be by looking at their speed scouting report. However, Speed doesn't actually play into defense at all. Its strictly Range for defense, and Speed for base running.
TexasSeraphim

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks for letting me know about speed and defense.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
No problem. Here are some useful links if you'd like to learn more:

Drafting for Position

Bunch of other info

Previous Page | Show All |