Help

Forum >> Help >> Spring Training Strategy   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
TexasSeraphim

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
What experiential benefits arise from Spring training? Can you damage a player's development if you call them up to start and they outright stink?

I am resting my ace and 2 SP this Spring training and have called up some rookies, A, and two AAA to start.

My stud 1st round pick with 0 hitting is batting ninth. Can this experience only help his development or am I risking a setback after he bats under the Mendoza line?

Thanks for the feedback.

Tex
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Don't call anyone up. If you call them up, their salary automatically gets bumped to 50K. You can play guys out of the minors in spring training.

There is no disadvantage (that I know of) playing guys in spring training. Minor league games aren't happening yet, so guys only get training/experience if they are playing in spring training. In general you only want to play guys who can still develop. Don't bother with veterans who are done developing.

Updated Friday, July 28 2017 @ 6:28:10 am PDT
brentswagger

Lakeville Bears
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm a bit confused by the term call them up. For spring training minor league players can play in games without an impact on their salary. What I do is simple set my spring training lineup by default and the settings plug in your young guys anyway. I play around with the management setting for spring training a bit so that my young starting P doesn't have a crazy pitch count like 10.

So I don't call them up. They stay in the minors but they play based on the default settings.

Updated Friday, July 28 2017 @ 6:44:45 am PDT
TexasSeraphim

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks!

I did not call up anyone.
JJNZ

Yakima Monster
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Not wanting to start a new thread, but I've had an interesting couple of spring substitutions so far - I haven't got Farjado in any of my line ups or even as a reserve but he's come in 8 times into the DH role so far. I think he's probably fully developed and only coming in due to his young age, the guy he's replacing is also in the majors but has room to develop and is pretty young. Any alternative theories? Someone tell me that Farjado still has room to grow!
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Eight seasons on your team and two MVP awards, and you still can't get his name right? ;)

I think its just his youth that keeps getting him called in.
JJNZ

Yakima Monster
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Ya know, he was always my top prospect and best player and you're 100% correct, I've never once realised that I've been spelling his name wrong this entire time. Watch his performance sky rocket now that he knows I'm talking to him!
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
He has room to grow. His Power rating is too low for a "prolific slugger", so I imagine he will pick up a point there at least. Could easily see him still picking up 2-3 SI total if you are lucky, but it could be a few years before you see those pops (he will be improving super slowly at this point).

Previous Page | Show All |