Help

Forum >> Help >> Too Close to Call: England or Chikafuji?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Slug5373

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
There is quite a battle for future starting 1st basemen in Hampton right now. It is between Warren England and Kota Chikafuji.

In my eyes, these players are incredibly similar. I could easily see both of them starting for me at 1st base in the future, but I think in the end I'm going to have to pick one or the other. I've had England since game date 2029, and he has been developing nicely since then, being groomed to take over 1st base for Art Neal in the near future. This was the plan for a while, but at the beginning of last season, I landed Chikafuji (Only 2 claims for some reason). For last season, it was a nice because England was not quite ready for big league action, and I needed a backup 1st basemen for Neal. Chikafuji perfectly fit the bill. He was on the same developmental path as England except he was a year older and ready for the bigs.

As of this time last year, the plan was for Chikafuji to backup Neal for a season while also receiving a tryout. In the back of my mind I still placed England ahead of him for the future 1st base job. Then, at the end of last season, I was comfortably safe from demotion and far out of contention too, setting up the perfect storm for young guys to get some time. Chikafuji ended up receiving 216 ABs which is pretty good for a back-up. In this extended look he played very well, batting .269 with a .309 OBP while also flashing some power potential. (He went very cold in the last ~40 at bats. He was sitting around a .300 BA for a while.) Since he played so well, I am having a hard time deciding what to with this 1st base dilemma. Any advice?

Updated Saturday, August 12 2017 @ 12:45:41 am PDT
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
They both look like decent players. I would say I see these as the positives for each guy.

England

Hitting
BC growth
Fully trained at 1B

Chikafuji

PD growth
GB/FB more power friendly
could also play LF

Updated Saturday, August 12 2017 @ 6:48:11 am PDT
lostraven

Corvallis Ravens
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
No real advice, just preference. I'm kind of a sucker for well-developed PD. Throw in the more favorable GB/FB, and I'd give Chicka' more AB in a platoon of the two. Just my personal taste. Doesn't really help you figure out what to do with England, I know.

Previous Page | Show All |