Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Cactusguy21

Presque Isle Vikings
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I've got two players.

One is a 13/14/10 2B ss
The other is a 13/13/15 3B 2B c

I need a SS and 2B for a little while, while I bench my starting SS since he's been slumping. Which player should be at short and which player should be at second? I don't care about earning them experience at a position, since the latter player is my 3B of the future, but I want to know which would be better defensively at shortstop at this moment.
lostraven

Corvallis Ravens
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball

One is a 13/14/10 2B ss
The other is a 13/13/15 3B 2B c

This sort of touches on a defense question I had, but at first base. My takeaway after the discussion is that positions like left field, first base, and perhaps catcher, are a bit easier on players who don't have a small or big experience mark. Shortstop is probably less forgiving for someone who has no experience there. (Perhaps someone can chime in on that.)

My knee-jerk instinct would be to put the first player at second base and the second player at short, but that lack of of even a "ss" for the second is tough. Neither are truly ideal in all but a very short-term case. Just how badly is your primary shortstop slumping?

If I were forced right now to pick one at shortstop for a three- or four-game series, I'd try player two there. Any longer than that and I'm probably trying player one, if absolutely necessary.

Updated Saturday, August 19 2017 @ 2:40:32 pm PDT
Cactusguy21

Presque Isle Vikings
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
We're talking .088/.162/.147 against lefties level of slumping. So I really need the change.
Herp Derp

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I've been getting killed lately so I thought I'd dump some age and salary.
Cut my SS and am going with a guy who looks a little like a young Ozzie Smith in the field (and, sadly, also at the plate) but has only been trained at first. He'll be my starting SS until I get someone better... so probably all season at least... if anyone wants to keep an eye on him in the name of science.

He has been better in the field than my last guy (an 11/18/14 outfielder that I converted to short in one season at the major league level) so far... which isn't saying much.
Garnash1970

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I wouldn't make any change at all. He's had how many ABs against LOL? I'm guessing less than 20. He is almost irreplaceable on the field. Two time Gold Glove winner is pretty sweet. He will come around, just take a deep breath and sacrifice a bucket of fried chicken to a spirit of your choice.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I would NEVER put 13 range at SS. Alternately, if you could convince people in my league to do it against me, I would show you why it was a very bad idea. Probably the only way I would win Legends. Personally I'd stick with your starter at SS because SS is a position where any offense is a bonus, but defense is a must.

Updated Saturday, August 19 2017 @ 4:12:15 pm PDT
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I'd agree. SS is the most important position defensively. I'd ride it out if you don't have someone else who can play. If you are committed to benching him, I'd use the guy with some experience at SS. A great arm might get you a couple DPs (although possibly not without the position experience), but lacking of defensive experience is going to net you a bunch of errors in the field.

Previous Page | Show All |