Help

Forum >> Help >> Pitching Logjam   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
xLee227

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I've got a crazy 17 pitchers who should probably be on my roster this season. I would appreciate a fresh set of eyes and whether you'd keep, demote, or cut them. Specifically:

Zepeda: Age 26, 103SI. Stopped growing last season despite getting 200+ IP in league/cup so he is what he is now - 17 change of speeds but only 8 control. Lot of SI in Stamina/Defense (37 total) and poor performance has relegated him to a spot starting role.

Acosta: Age 30, 104SI. Versatile bullpen arm (although I've also started him on occasion) who has okay strikeout numbers (17 velocity/17 control) and is just okay numbers-wise (Career ERA of 4.43)

Bates: Age 30, 97 SI. Setup man with only 2 good stats: 19 movement/20 control. Limited innings but solid numbers with lots of groundouts so far in his career.

Kelleher: Age 25, 79 SI. Just picked up off waivers a few days ago. Negligible ML experience but has spent parts of 5 seasons in AAA now. Poor growth year-to-year but not sure if that's just due to a lack of playing time - he has just 175 IP in total during those 5 seasons in AAA. A lefty who projects as a starter with a plus fastball and slider so he has a higher ceiling then the other guys on this list.

Thanks! Feel free to take a look at the other pitchers if you want.
lostraven

Corvallis Ravens
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Of the pitchers you mentioned, Zepeda is the biggest question mark in my mind. Average to slightly high HR totals paired with relatively low strike percentage in combination with the low Control makes him not the best starting option. I have a similar (lower tier) pitcher in Yates; I opted to move him to the bullpen because I'm thin on pitching. Zepeda probably deserves another chance this season to start, but he's definitely a question mark for you. If you're competitive and shooting for Legends, those other arms are likely playing an important role. My last thought: if you thought Zepeda would fair better in the bullpen, you might be able to cut one of those 30-year-old relievers.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
At this point in the season, the best thing for you to do is cut all of your players and start rebuilding for next year. You've only managed 5 wins against my team so far this season, so there seems like little point in continuing the façade :p Just commit to the rebuild :P

Previous Page | Show All |