Help

Forum >> Help >> What to do with this guy?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
dsz071

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
So a couple weeks back I posted asking about how bad Tai Ding would kill me in LF with no OF rating. While not a franchise player by any means, he was a cheaper and better (so I thought) bat to throw in LF. He got off to an extremely slow start and I had Aramis Bonilla in AAA. It was suggested that Bonilla couldn't learn anything new at AAA last season but I kept him down then and again at the start of this season because he still had some room to grow. Well, with the slow start Ding got off to I figured I'd give his chance in LF to Bonilla. Now that Bonilla is playing somewhat well, what do I do with Ding? I was contemplating releasing him as he doesn't have much room to grow. But I'd hate to give up on a guy with such a small sample size. Do I throw him in AAA to see if he can gain a point or two? I don't see him getting ABs in the majors again this season unless I get absolutely killed with injuries. Any thoughts?
brentswagger

Lakeville Bears
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
I would say you I have to think with 106 SI and a 13 POT he really isn't going to grow much if at all so if I needed a guy with his skills on the bench in the majors I would leave him there. If you don't need him in the majors it won't hurt to let him get some AB at age 25 in the minors. I don't so this as a crucial decision but I would probably AAA him if I didn't need him at the major league level but wouldn't expect much if any growth.
lostraven

Corvallis Ravens
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
If you're dead set on moving him to AAA, do it so you can get more scouting data on him. Yeah, you can hope for that one more point, but the AAA stats may tell you a little more about whether or not to cut him. Otherwise, keep running him out there in LF. I'd be hesitant to cut him just yet, either way. That's just me.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Sometimes a point or two can make all the difference in the world. And, really you don't have a lot of data to go on for this guy. If you have room, I'd keep him on the team. He will probably develop just was well in the majors, but if you want to develop his position experience in the OF, then it might be better to play him down in AAA.

Previous Page | Show All |