Help

Forum >> Help >> Minor league playing time?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Cactusguy21

Presque Isle Vikings
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm noticing that the playing time on my minor leaguers is really skewed. Staton has 187 AB compared to guys like Porter with 36. Will that all even itself out in the end?
lostraven

Corvallis Ravens
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Might take a look at this post from the seventh.

TL;DR: Players are randomly thrown into games, and some managers (myself included) believe that number if innings and at-bats (low or high) likely doesn't affect development.

Updated Wednesday, August 23 2017 @ 10:49:37 am PDT
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah, I don't think playing time has a tremendous effect. Although it might have some. Remember in the minors they are getting Training not Experience.
Cactusguy21

Presque Isle Vikings
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Oh duh I should have searched the forums harder. Thanks anyway guys!

Rock, when you say that they gain training but not experience, does that mean that they can't gain experience at a new position?
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
No, that isn't what he meant. They will gain position knowledge based on what you assign them to train for.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah, there are three different things that players can gain.

Training: Fastest gains by being at the correct level of minors. Players continue to train at a low rate even in the majors. You can set a focus for training on the Training page which will give a small bonus to a particular rating at a growth cost to other ratings.

Experience: Gained from playing in Cup, Spring Training, or Major League games only. Experience is gained per AB for hitters and per BF for pitchers.

All ratings (including fielding) are influenced by Training and Experience. So a pitcher will increase his fielding by facing batters, while a hitter will increase his fielding just by taking at bats. In this way, a hitter can continue to increase his fielding ability (but not position experience) through experience even if he is just playing DH.

Position Experience: A slightly different animal. Position Experience is gained per innings played in the field during major league, spring training, and cup games. In the minors Position Experience is mostly impacted just by what position you choose to train them in. However I believe they also continue to receive a small amount of experience in some of the other positions they know. Position experience can be lost over time. Players in the majors who are not playing at a given position my lose their familiarity (and thus experience) in that particular position.

Previous Page | Show All |