Help

Forum >> Help >> Only 9 healthy batters.... what happens if 1 gets hurt?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Ace

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Hey Guys, I have some injuries and was just wondering... I have 9 healthy bats. What happens if 1 gets hurt in this next game? I do have a bat down in the minors that is 25, but I wanted to give him a little more time? I guess I could call up a free agent bat, but was just curious. Anyone know what happens if 1 of my bats gets hurt and there are no bats on the bench?
Coolhand

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I believe that injuries are implemented after the game, so your 9 bats will make it through the game even if 1 ends up with an injury.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Don't think it has ever happened. Not sure it is possible (i.e. I don't think the game is coded to allow injuries to drop you below 9 healthy bats).
wickersty

Deadwood Perambulators
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
As a web and software developer, I had noticed pretty early on in my BB playing days that injuries seem to be calculated and set post-game, which means you shouldn't ever be in a position where you don't have 9 healthy bats in a game. And since there are a million terrible Free Agents available, you can always fix your lack of 9 healthy bodies after a game.

What I wonder is what happens if you're not around one night and you drop below 9 healthy bats after the 2nd game of the night... if you're not around to fix your lineups what will the game engine do? Force an injured player to start? I can only guess that would be the case, can't imagine what else could be done code wise given the way the game seems to work.

Curious about what the official answer to that would be...
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I think Newtman is right.

Previous Page | Show All |