Help

Forum >> Help >> What am i doing wrong with my minors?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
3B is hard to staff, but I was pretty disappointed with Chacon's lack luster offense. Glad he is working out for you.
allen54chevy

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Oh Paredes... I feel he is destined to be an average 13 pot.
Move to AA as suggested after picking up just 1bump in AAA.... nothing in AA so i thought id move him to starter for the last 50 games and guess who got sidelined with a 35 game injury on his first outing.

At this point i might trade him to anyone for a twinkie.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Kills me to see guys like this on waivers... :(

Could have made a great 3B in the right hands.
wickersty

Deadwood Perambulators
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
What do you mean Rock? He still got to a fair SI for his POT. What about him do you find ruined by bad ownership?
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Could have been a great 3B. His skills are wasted in the OF. I would have drooled over him at 3B, but I'm not even putting a claim in for him at OF.

Same with this guy. Looks like an incredible batter, but I already have too many DH types. I wouldn't dare put him at 2B or SS with that defensive build, so... no claim.
wickersty

Deadwood Perambulators
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Right, ok. And you don't think a full season at 3B will learn him the position at that age? Assuming you'd accept the shifty defense for the year?
AssumedPseudonym

Deerfield Beach Rats
V.7

Broken Bat Baseball
 I played a guy who was only rated as an outfielder at 3B for a couple of seasons and he picked up up fairly readily — and he was in his 30’s. He wasn’t at risk of winning a Gold Glove, true, but he was serviceable enough a defender even before he got his lowercase. I think if someone wants to play this kid at 3B, they’d do alright with him.

Updated Saturday, September 16 2017 @ 8:01:54 pm PDT
wickersty

Deadwood Perambulators
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I know I've had a claim in on him for a while, planning on playing him at 3B until he learns it. My team is a non contender for two seasons anyway, so I have nothing to lose.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
He doesn't have any experience at 3B. It will take him a couple years just to get 3b, never mind 3B. 2-3 year minimum for him to get good at 3B and then he'll be retiring soon after that. Depends on your teams situation, but definitely not worth it for me.
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I disagree about Guzman. He's fine at third or the outfield depending on the needs of the team. For example, he'd be third in my depth chart at the hot corner right now, but would have a shot at playing in the outfield against lefties. If he had been mine, I probably would have trained him at third for his primary position, then catcher and plan on him being a backup at those along with the outfield.

Previous Page | Show All |