Help

Forum >> Help >> Scouting is Wrong?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Also, because it is based purely on SI, defensive players are always over rated, and offensive guys are always underrated.

Really its just guys high in Speed, Range, and Arm, since those skill start off fully developed, so they have extra SI at the start.

I wouldn't stress to much over Lockhart right now. His promotion to A at 18 is really very good. Just have to cross your fingers on the SI growth. If he has decent growth he should be fine.
TexasSeraphim

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks for the information guys. SI is king then. Good to know.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
No, SI is just what the rating is based on. The rating doesn't really tell you how good the player is.
TexasSeraphim

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Okay, I will read the manual a bit more to try and grasp a general idea. Thanks!
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
A few key points when you take a look:

1) Players grow on different growth curves
2) Except in rare cases players' ratings will be capped by their scouting report
3) Build is important, not just total SI
4) POT shows a range of possible ending SI (when fully developed)
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
That last link has a bunch of useful links in it. Here is one additional useful link:

Drafting for Position

Also, feel free to keep asking questions about guys you aren't sure about. Most people on the boards enjoy helping out new players. You may sometimes get differing opinions on some players, but that is just more data for you to chew on :)

And the manual is definitely worth a read. All these other links I provided are best reviewed after reading the manual to get the basics down.

Updated Sunday, September 10 2017 @ 7:59:12 pm PDT
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
@Rock, btw if you don't have this thread bookmarked, you might want to. Also, for defense reference.

I know they might not be helpful until after an owner has the basics down, but they contain important info directly from Steve. My bookmark list includes all the discussions where I have seen Steve clarify parts of the game.

One last one.

Updated Sunday, September 10 2017 @ 9:24:25 pm PDT
lostraven

Corvallis Ravens
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
@newtman: Your last link better explains this then. Thanks!
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
No prob @lost. I forgot how relatively new you were, can't believe that discussion was a year before you joined.
FreddyTheEye

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I also had never seen those discussions.
Thanks for those links Newt!

Previous Page | Show All |