Help

Forum >> Help >> Why doesnt this player perform better?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Carnival

Fresno Eagles
IV.4

Broken Bat Baseball
#14 - Corey Williams [ID #120182]

I think he should be a .300 + hitter.

Can I affect his performance by moving him to another spot in the battingorder?

Regards
Carnival of Fresno Eagles
Cactusguy21

Presque Isle Vikings
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Here's the link for you all http://brokenbat.org/player/120182

I'd wager a guess that the culprit is a 14 hitting rating, which is good, but nothing too special.
lostraven

Corvallis Ravens
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
The only thing I can say is that you have a strange case there. Typically players with no hitting scout text max at 13. That your player popped another point of hitting despite the lack of a hitting scout text is a blessing. Generally speaking, your players who will consistently hit over .300 will have higher Hitting stats.

Here's an experiment for you. It's a little exaggerated in LLVI, but it more or less still holds true:

Go to your league page, click a team, click Statistics, and find its +.300 hitters, if any can be found. Look at their stats, then look at their playing history (is this year likely a fluke, or have they hit +.300 in multiple seasons?). Do that for multiple teams, and if you're truly curious, in other league levels. Loosely speaking, you're going to find those players who hit +.300 regularly have high Hitting values (15 or 16+) and at least average to above-average BC and PD.

Previous Page | Show All |